2 Phenom reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes thats exactly what im saying, and old cpu X can beat a new cpu Y so a newer version with higher clocks and fsb of X will have a fair beating on cpu Y
Which is:
a) besides the point
and b) doesn't take into consideration the higher-end chips, which AMD still have yet to release

in regards to a)
If your definition of a "sound beating" is not based on performance difference, then it's probably not a good measurement. And is not likely to get people to agree with you.

in regards to b)
* the processors have only been out one day.
* Phenom quad's have reached 3GHZ stably on pretty standard air cooling
* the only reason they're not clocking higher right now, is because of a bug. Phenom FX's were going to be released at 3GHZ.

well that's what happened with the x2 chips...they raped Intel.

reason my close friend chose AMD over Intel because of this.

yes thats exactly what im saying, and old cpu X can beat a new cpu Y so a newer version with higher clocks and fsb of X will have a fair beating on cpu Y

because Intel has more R&D n more budget into their processors then AMD. I'm just still surprised AMD didnt kick Intel's quad-core processors n they just got reviewed in less then a day.

Heck, we dont even know if the thermal compound n heatsink was high quality on the Phenoms, so they can probably reach higher clocks then what we r seeing here. The thermal compound, heatsink, n the bug on the 9700 is the only thing i see choking the Phenoms, according to these 2 reviews. The 125w consumption from 90w makes the 9700 intrigingly differ from the 9500 n 9600 n still questionable.

the only reason they're not clocking higher right now, is because of a bug. Phenom FX's were going to be released at 3GHZ.

according to dailytech n theinquirer, only the 9700 is infected n reason that it was delayed until december. It performed ok, but is questionable about the 125w consumption that i just cant stop thinking about from the 9500 n 9600 90w consumption. It's like 100MHz differ from each other n the 9700 consumes a whole lot more power? Something is up with it n i can smell it.

Which is:
a) besides the point
and b) doesn't take into consideration the higher-end chips, which AMD still have yet to release

in regards to a)
If your definition of a "sound beating" is not based on performance difference, then it's probably not a good measurement. And is not likely to get people to agree with you.

in regards to b)
* the processors have only been out one day.
* Phenom quad's have reached 3GHZ stably on pretty standard air cooling
* the only reason they're not clocking higher right now, is because of a bug. Phenom FX's were going to be released at 3GHZ.

*if there is a bug they why release them? bad move?
*what, a q6600 cant get to 3.5ghz+?

a) I dont understand how is that besides the point, that was the body of my argument

*if there is a bug they why release them? bad move?
Haven't you heard? they didn't release them. The ones with the bug, anyway.

*what, a q6600 cant get to 3.5ghz+?
You're assuming Phenom's won't be able to.
After less than a day after they're out, and after some of the chips got delayed from a bug.

a) I dont understand how is that besides the point, that was the body of my argument
It's besides the point, because it's not about performance difference. It's misleading.

hrmm in reguards to 3.6 on air w/ little or no extra voltage.. that is a bold faced lie!!! lol

and i must say.. i'm sad that its come to this.. but i'm happy to say.. i went w/ the right cpu

hrmm in reguards to 3.6 on air w/ little or no extra voltage.. that is a bold faced lie!!! lol

and i must say.. i'm sad that its come to this.. but i'm happy to say.. i went w/ the right cpu

did u at first want to get a Phenom? I thought i remember u wanting one a month or so back.

better change ur thing from AMD/ATI techie to Intel/Nvidia techie now lol.

ok im really going to bed this time, i need my sleep!

ya.. i really did want to stick w/ amd and ati... they are my fav no doubt.. but.. i have to go w/ what is going to make me kick some ***... and i must say this q6600 and 8800gtx are really doing the trick.. i've never seen games run so smooth ever in my life...

its crazy playing css at 1920x1200 w/ 16xQ SCAA and 16x AF and averaging 100fps and over at every level.. just amazing

Haven't you heard? they didn't release them. The ones with the bug, anyway.

You're assuming Phenom's won't be able to.
After less than a day after they're out, and after some of the chips got delayed from a bug.

It's besides the point, because it's not about performance difference. It's misleading.

i didnt no about the ones had bugs.

i did not assume that they wouldnt get to 3.5GHz+ i am just saying even if a phenom gets stable at 3GHz a q6600 can reach 3.5GHz relatively easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom