2 Phenom reviews - Page 19 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-20-2007, 10:20 AM   #181 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokalipse View Post
That's debatable.
No it is not debatable

Please check the reviews, Q6600 is clearly better than 9900 on average

AnandTech: AMD's Phenom Unveiled: A Somber Farewell to K8


Quote:
the 9700 is only slightly behind the Q6600.
For me it doesn't seem slightly behind. It is about %10-15 behind, thats just like the difference between E6750 and E6550 (or 6000+)
__________________

maroon1 is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:25 AM   #182 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokalipse View Post
what's your point?
My point that many people held off buying a Q6600 so that they could get one of these slower AMD processors (phenom) because they were fooled by the fake rumors...............


Quote:
Many people were fooled into thinking Pentium 4's were better, because they had higher clock speeds.
Did I deny that ?
__________________

maroon1 is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #183 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
No it is not debatable
No really now, it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
Please check the reviews, Q6600 is clearly better than 9900 on average

AnandTech: AMD's Phenom Unveiled: A Somber Farewell to K8
Firstly, that's one page of one review.
Secondly, it's with buggy chips.
Thirdly, there are reviews that place the 9700 only slightly behind the Q6600.


Quote:
For me it doesn't seem slightly behind. It is about %10-15 behind, thats just like the difference between E6750 and E6550 (or 6000+)
Oh, right. Because clearly, that one page is a clear indication of average.

You know, let's just completely forget the situations such as games, where Q6600 was usually a fraction of a frame per second in front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
My point that many people held off buying a Q6600 so that they could get one of these slower AMD processors (phenom) because they were fooled by the fake rumors...............
And there are so many people that bought Pentium 4's, simply because of the name Pentium 4. And/or because of the clock speeds.
Quote:
Did I deny that ?
Did you point it out at all?

Yes, there were rumours which turned out to be false. That doesn't mean the Phenom is a bad chip.

Let me ask you, maroon:
What are you trying to achieve by slandering Phenom's?
__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:30 AM   #184 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyq View Post
Well, a lot of ppl were making fun on intel fans that the phenoms would be better, so that kind of stuff always happens.
I totally agree with you

AMD fanboys such as Apokalipse were fooling people all time here by claiming that Phenom are superior and much better than Core 2 quad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokalipse View Post
Firstly, that's one page of one review.
So, I should post the links for each page ??!!

How much time it would take you if you look at the other pages ?
maroon1 is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:33 AM   #185 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wales
Posts: 4,053
Send a message via MSN to Nick
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

this sounds like the reviews which were released for vista before a vast number of the public have used it...vista was slated and although vista isnt that good its not as bad as it was portrayed in many articles

the samething happened when intel released their quad core range, it was regarded as pointless and a waste of money which is not true as games and applications will be quad core threaded eventually

blah blah blah....
Nick is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:33 AM   #186 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
I totally agree with you

AMD fanboys such as Apokalipse were fooling people all time here by claiming that Phenom are superior and much better than Core 2 quad.
Based on the data that was available, it seemed likely.
Furthermore, you never heard me saying things like "conroe sucks"
However, you see that kind of thing so often with Intel fanboys (except, replacing conroe with an AMD product, or the AMD brand name)

As it turns out, Phenom's still aren't bad chips. Really.
__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:33 AM   #187 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
Did you point it out at all?
First: this thread is about phenom and intel quad core, not about 5 years old processor like Pentium 4

Second: I think most people here know that because this is an old story

Third: Many people in older threads talked about that millions of times, why should I point it again ?
maroon1 is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:34 AM   #188 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
ShaolinDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 457
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

It dont look good for AMD...

If Q6600 out performs the AMD new one... ok... but the point is... Q6600 costs £150... AMD costs £200. and also bearing in mind that Q6600 is core2quad.. and AMD is meant to be native.. a direct comparison would be a penryn yorkfield CPU... so if it cant be a Q6600.. oppsy someone done a boo boo

so if you want bang for buck youd be stupid to get AMD.

IMO
__________________
Gaming Rig
Intel Core 2 E6600 @ 3Ghz -Upgrade- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 25C/35C
Asus P5N-D Nforce 750i 1333FSB
Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz -Upgrade- Crucial Ballistix Tracer RED 2x2GB 800Mhz
2x SataII, 2x IDE Total = 1.1Tb
EVGA 8800GTS 512mb 'Crysis Edition' @ 750/1900/2000
Onboard Realtek 8.1 Sound Jazzy!
Hiper Type-R 580w -Upgrade- Gigabyte ODIN GT 800W
Modded iCute -Upgrade- Antec 900
19" Iiyama CRT -NEXT Upgrade!- Samsung SM-T260HD 26" w/ Digital TV Tuner / Samsung SM-T240 24"

3DMark06 Score- 13k :)
ShaolinDreams is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:36 AM   #189 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickm926 View Post
the samething happened when intel released their quad core range, it was regarded as pointless and a waste of money which is not true as games and applications will be quad core threaded eventually
LOL

What is your point here ?

Intel quad core was $900 when it came out, thats why it was a waste of money
maroon1 is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:37 AM   #190 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinDreams View Post
It dont look good for AMD...

If Q6600 out performs the AMD new one... ok... but the point is... Q6600 costs £150... AMD costs £200.

so if you want bang for buck youd be stupid to get AMD.

IMO
keep in mind, a few things:
1. Not all stores follow RRP's
2. Most of the stores which have Phenom's listed, have marked up the prices right now. Stores do this on pre-order.
3. These are only launch prices
and last but not least:
4. people still have AM2 motherboards
__________________

__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMD Phenom X4 CPU Prices Emerge b1gapl New Systems | Building and Buying 123 11-12-2007 02:03 AM
Phenom x4 vs Intel Core 2 and Quad gurusan New Systems | Building and Buying 25 11-03-2007 07:01 PM
AMD Sheds Additional Phenom Details Wildside New Systems | Building and Buying 35 10-25-2007 05:33 AM
RV670, RD790 and Phenom Apokalipse Monitors, Printers and Peripherals 1 10-07-2007 10:26 PM
AMD Phenom processor maroon1 New Systems | Building and Buying 5 05-02-2007 03:35 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.