2 Phenom reviews - Page 18 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #171 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
ShaolinDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 457
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

atm with Nvidia vs Ati and even Intel vs AMD... its all about...

POWER vs PRICE!

all the underdogs can do is lower their prices to temp customers away from the more powerful higher priced products. If AMD phenom dont perform aswell as a Q6600 £150... what the **** is the price gonna be? £130/140 for AMD quad.
__________________

__________________
Gaming Rig
Intel Core 2 E6600 @ 3Ghz -Upgrade- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 25C/35C
Asus P5N-D Nforce 750i 1333FSB
Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz -Upgrade- Crucial Ballistix Tracer RED 2x2GB 800Mhz
2x SataII, 2x IDE Total = 1.1Tb
EVGA 8800GTS 512mb 'Crysis Edition' @ 750/1900/2000
Onboard Realtek 8.1 Sound Jazzy!
Hiper Type-R 580w -Upgrade- Gigabyte ODIN GT 800W
Modded iCute -Upgrade- Antec 900
19" Iiyama CRT -NEXT Upgrade!- Samsung SM-T260HD 26" w/ Digital TV Tuner / Samsung SM-T240 24"

3DMark06 Score- 13k :)
ShaolinDreams is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 09:14 AM   #172 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave39 View Post
It's funny because so many people held off buying a Q6600 so that they could get one of these... hehe
Because many people were fooled by the lies and the fake rumors that claimed that Phenom will be 40% faster than intel Quad core
__________________

maroon1 is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #173 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagasama View Post

and dont feel sorry for my "crappy and horrible" savings when i buy a $180 9500 and clock it up to the performance level (or close enough for government work) of a $280 intel quad.
And who told you that the price of 9500 is $180 ?? According to websites I read, the price of 9500 is $280, not $180 !!!

Quote:
i for one will be waiting for a little more DATA instead of two crappy reviews that show no benchmarks and really only give the authors opinion. and yes i know anandtech is a good site, but i see nothing of merit in that article posted
Who told you that the two reviews don't show any benchmarks ??

Did you look at the reviews ?

AnandTech: AMD's Phenom Unveiled: A Somber Farewell to K8

[H] Enthusiast --- enthusiast.hardocp.com

Here is more reviews and benchmarks for you

Phenom 9700, AMD's 1st Quad-Core CPU | Tom's Hardware

AMD's Phenom processors - The Tech Report - Page 9

Do you need more proof that AMD phenom is slower than Intel Core 2 Quad ?
maroon1 is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #174 (permalink)
krazy Techie
 
krazyq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 8,059
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
Because many people were fooled by the lies and the fake rumors that claimed that Phenom will be 40% faster than intel Quad core
how would it be 40% faster....thats asking for too much.
__________________
Intel Core i5-4670K
ASRock Z97 Anniversary
8 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 2TB + 1TB WD Black
Samsung Note 8
2TB White PS4 Pro, PS3, Switch & New 3DS XL
65" LG OLED C7P
BenQ 27" XL2720Z
krazyq is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 09:57 AM   #175 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
And who told you that the price of 9500 is $180 ?? According to websites I read, the price of 9500 is $280, not $180 !!!
He's talking about in the future. not right now.

Quote:
Who told you that two reviews don't show any benchmarks ??

Did you check the links ?

AnandTech: AMD's Phenom Unveiled: A Somber Farewell to K8

[H] Enthusiast --- enthusiast.hardocp.com

Here is more reviews and benchmarks for you

Phenom 9700, AMD's 1st Quad-Core CPU | Tom's Hardware

AMD's Phenom processors - The Tech Report - Page 9
Yes, we get it. A Q6600 is slightly faster than a 9700.
Go enjoy your extra frame per second.

Talk about kicking a dead horse.
Quote:
Do you need more proof that AMD phenom sucks ?
Two things:

1. Shut

2. Up

Seriously, what is this? a "let's completely beat down every product that doesn't quite perform as well as another on average" week?
*edit*
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
And both perform worse than the cheaper Q6600
the 9700 is only slightly behind the Q6600.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
Because many people were fooled by the lies and the fake rumors that claimed that Phenom will be 40% faster than intel Quad core
what's your point?
Many people were fooled into thinking Pentium 4's were better, because they had higher clock speeds.
__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:03 AM   #176 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Q6600 is also faster than 9900 on average, not only 9700

It seems that AMD fanboys get angry when we say the truth
maroon1 is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:04 AM   #177 (permalink)
krazy Techie
 
krazyq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 8,059
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

hey apok, i just want to say that if amd wanted to release something new, it should be better than whats already out.
Intel already had quads out, im not sure when they had released them.
But if amd wanted to bring quads, they had to do something different that would actually interest both amd and intel fans.

If all they give us is the same thing intel has done, i dont see whats so great?
__________________
Intel Core i5-4670K
ASRock Z97 Anniversary
8 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 2TB + 1TB WD Black
Samsung Note 8
2TB White PS4 Pro, PS3, Switch & New 3DS XL
65" LG OLED C7P
BenQ 27" XL2720Z
krazyq is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:07 AM   #178 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
Q6600 is also faster than 9900 on average, not only 9700
That's debatable.

Quote:
It seems that AMD fanboys get angry when we say the truth
No, maroon. You just don't get it, do you?
I'm not angry that Core 2 quad's are faster. I just hate it when Intel fanboys keep beating and beating and beating their drum, and beating down the competing product as much as they can.
__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #179 (permalink)
krazy Techie
 
krazyq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 8,059
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokalipse View Post
That's debatable.

No, maroon. You just don't get it, do you?
I'm not angry that Core 2 quad's are faster. I just hate it when Intel fanboys keep beating and beating and beating their drum, and beating down the competing product as much as they can.
Well, a lot of ppl were making fun on intel fans that the phenoms would be better, so that kind of stuff always happens.
I actually wanted amd to do good but am disappointed.
I just go for whats better and the best bang for the buck, and it seems to me that intel is right for that.
__________________
Intel Core i5-4670K
ASRock Z97 Anniversary
8 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 2TB + 1TB WD Black
Samsung Note 8
2TB White PS4 Pro, PS3, Switch & New 3DS XL
65" LG OLED C7P
BenQ 27" XL2720Z
krazyq is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:18 AM   #180 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: 2 Phenom reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyq View Post
hey apok, i just want to say that if amd wanted to release something new, it should be better than whats already out.
Intel already had quads out, im not sure when they had released them.
But if amd wanted to bring quads, they had to do something different that would actually interest both amd and intel fans.
Okay, I'm going to throw a couple of facts out there:

1. designing CPU's isn't easy. It's hard work. It's made especially harder if you have to compete with people who have much more money and resources than you.

2. AMD have already done a very good job on the Phenom's. They had far less resources to make them, but they actually got pretty close to Core 2 Quad's, clock for clock.

Quote:
If all they give us is the same thing intel has done, i dont see whats so great?
The fact that it's competition, and the fact that they've done so with far less resources, and the fact that the Phenom's ARE ACTUALLY GOOD.
It doesn't matter what Intel fanboys will tell you. Phenom's are good chips, which perform well.
__________________

__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMD Phenom X4 CPU Prices Emerge b1gapl New Systems | Building and Buying 123 11-12-2007 02:03 AM
Phenom x4 vs Intel Core 2 and Quad gurusan New Systems | Building and Buying 25 11-03-2007 07:01 PM
AMD Sheds Additional Phenom Details Wildside New Systems | Building and Buying 35 10-25-2007 05:33 AM
RV670, RD790 and Phenom Apokalipse Monitors, Printers and Peripherals 1 10-07-2007 10:26 PM
AMD Phenom processor maroon1 New Systems | Building and Buying 5 05-02-2007 03:35 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.