2 Phenom reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
in this perspective... that is true..

but i mean reaching amazing heights such as 4.0ghz.. clocks that'll really crunch numbers... and help gaming performance at an amazing level... not just a 100% overclock and what not..

i don't care if you oc 100%.. if your cpu still sucks who cares...

when we're looking at things clock for clock.. and your cpu is limited to 3.0ghz.. while the competition can do 4.0.. and they're both roughly the same clock per clock.. i don't care who has the higher percentage overclock.. i care who's gonna get to a higher performance point

meh, i just play games.
do some research here and there. write interesting editorials for Tech Forums (lol editorials), that sort of thing.

well for users like me.. i don't just play games... and w/ my fx62.. i have choked in real life performance running multiple psd's, ai's, and pdf's, along w/ media players, aim, and internet explorer instances... while compaired to my old e6600... it never had that problem at 2.8 ghz
FX-62 doesn't have the same performance per clock. At 2.8GHZ, the Core 2 is going to be faster than a 2.8GHZ K8 chip.

and apok... who's ever been stuck at 3.3ghz on an e6600.. on stock cooler i managed 3.6!
Most Core 2's will reach about 3.3 on stock cooling. g0 revision chips are more common to get over 3.5GHZ, but that's the g0 only.

and the ratio of people overclock past 3ghz on an intel is far higher than any ratio of scene anyone running 3.0ghz on an amd (disregaurding the phenom)
Mainly because most people who get AMD chips now are the people looking for cheaper CPU's that perform descent

maybe on phase change cooling or dry ice.i do expect to get way over 3ghz on mine.
I've got a pretty good watercooling system, so that should allow a pretty descent overclock.

meh, i just play games.
do some research here and there. write interesting editorials for Tech Forums (lol editorials), that sort of thing.

think you quoted the wrong thing!!! lol

and apok.. that was only in response to him saying a 3600 at 3.0 and a e6300 at 3.0... there is a difference.. and not too much a small one either

if i remember right the fx62 at 2.8 is slightly slower than the e6600 at 2.4

and 4.0ghz seems pretty easy to achieve on a g0 w/ watercooling.. so i imagine... if agena overclocks as well as i think it should... 4.0 should be do-able on a good watercooling sytem

the 5000+ black edition oced to3.4ghz is faster then a e6750 on stock i kno that, and its a 140$ chip. soem have gotten the 5000+ black to 3.8ghz on air cooling with a tuniq or 120.

think you quoted the wrong thing!!! lol

and apok.. that was only in response to him saying a 3600 at 3.0 and a e6300 at 3.0... there is a difference.. and not too much a small one either

if i remember right the fx62 at 2.8 is slightly slower than the e6600 at 2.4
the 6000+ at stock is roughly equal

and 4.0ghz seems pretty easy to achieve on a g0 w/ watercooling.. so i imagine... if agena overclocks as well as i think it should... 4.0 should be do-able on a good watercooling sytem
Not many people watercool AMD systems nowadays. Not with K8 chips anyway.

Even so, 4GHZ, while attainable on a watercooled G0, I think you'd usually see them around 3.8 or so.
It's more than a K8 would usually overclock to. But still, I've been able to push my 6000+ past 3.5GHZ. And it's a 90nm windsor.

why would you run 18 different things at once anyway?
lol i did quote the wrong post heh that really makes no sense when you look at it like that.
i didnt say there was no difference at all between the two, i said theres no difference in gaming. i thought that's what we were talking about, you mentioned "gaming performance at amazing levels" and i dont think that the c2d cpus will really amaze me any more than my am2 in actual performance that you can see.
now, in other things, thats a whole nother ball game and its too late for me to open that can of worms. but you're right, in some situations there will be a noticable difference in performance between the two.

i wana see a phenom on am2+ mobo until then quit the bicerign it is unfair to judge the phenom while its being botle necked would you run a bench mark of a pc one using an 8800ultra but on a p4 and the other a 3870 on a c2d. its not to that extreme but it may make up for 13.5% decrease in performence.

i wana see a phenom on am2+ mobo until then quit the bicerign it is unfair to judge the phenom while its being botle necked would you run a bench mark of a pc one using an 8800ultra but on a p4 and the other a 3870 on a c2d. its not to that extreme but it may make up for 13.5% decrease in performence.
yes, K8 and K10 chips can be sensitive to changes in things like memory speed.
And with the AM2+ motherboards out, that may make a significant difference too.
Not to mention, K10 chips can now run DDR2-1066 as standard.

I'm not sure if I want to upgrade my motherboard. My C51XEM2AA has been very good.
But if I do, it'll most likely be to the MSI K9A2 Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom