2 Phenom reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey nosboost
lol was that a shot at me, or me chip? i say if i overclock a 60 dollar chip 60% and you (figuretively) overclock a 300 dollar chip 40%...either im a better overclocker, or my chip is.
heh i reckon my POS 3600 with his buddy 8800gt pulls enough frames in a game to be umm, pretty much good enough ie i max out COD4 con no laggy ching ching. of course i dont play at way high resolutions, i'll give ya that much.
dude a 4ghz anything current is so few and far between as to be totally irrelevant.
you're talking like 1% MAYBE of overclockers, let alone computer users.

in this perspective... that is true..

but i mean reaching amazing heights such as 4.0ghz.. clocks that'll really crunch numbers... and help gaming performance at an amazing level... not just a 100% overclock and what not..

i don't care if you oc 100%.. if your cpu still sucks who cares...
the 3600+ doesn't suck. Neither do Windsor F3's.

They won't perform as well as Core 2's overclocked past 3GHZ, but past 3GHZ they're still going to handle pretty much anything you throw at them.

when we're looking at things clock for clock.. and your cpu is limited to 3.0ghz.. while the competition can do 4.0.. and they're both roughly the same clock per clock.. i don't care who has the higher percentage overclock.. i care who's gonna get to a higher performance point
I highly doubt 3GHZ is the max the Agena's can muster.
Like said, Tom's hardware has been able to get 3GHZ without a voltage increase on stock cooling.
im a loyal asus customer, i just love everythign about them plus the msi is the most expensive of the lot at 279.99
It is more expensive, but from what I've read, it's the best overclocking board so far.
The Asus board probably isn't bad though.

lol i wasnt shooting at your cpu!!!

and i never said i was saying agena could only do 3ghz

i was comparing in general

my comparison was more core 2 duo and the am2 line-up of processors.. assuming they were level performance

lol i wasnt shooting at your cpu!!!

and i never said i was saying agena could only do 3ghz

i was comparing in general

my comparison was more core 2 duo and the am2 line-up of processors.. assuming they were level performance
Core 2's have been able to get 4GHZ, but it's not exactly common.
Usually, they've been overclocking to around 3.2-3.3GHZ

heh okay then nothing personal, lol.
but really the am2's dont "suck" per say..they just perform a little less in benchmarks.
seriously man, real world...
would you be able to tell the difference in gaming performance between say my 3600 at 3.1 and an e6300 @ 3.1 if both were running equivalent mobo/ram/gpu configuration?
i mean, just by PLAYING a game and looking?

heh okay then nothing personal, lol.
but really the am2's dont "suck" per say..they just perform a little less in benchmarks.
seriously man, real world...
would you be able to tell the difference in gaming performance between say my 3600 at 3.1 and an e6300 @ 3.1 if both were running equivalent mobo/ram/gpu configuration?
i mean, just by PLAYING a game and looking?

well for users like me.. i don't just play games... and w/ my fx62.. i have choked in real life performance running multiple psd's, ai's, and pdf's, along w/ media players, aim, and internet explorer instances... while compaired to my old e6600... it never had that problem at 2.8 ghz

and apok... who's ever been stuck at 3.3ghz on an e6600.. on stock cooler i managed 3.6!

and the ratio of people overclock past 3ghz on an intel is far higher than any ratio of scene anyone running 3.0ghz on an amd (disregaurding the phenom)

and just because you reach 3ghz w/o a voltage increase.. doesnt mean reaching 4 is easier in anyway...

some cpu's.. jsut eat up insane voltage at higher clocks.. iknow my e6600 did.. once i got to 3.6 ghz.. i had to massively up the voltage to hit anything past it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom