2 Phenom reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a e6600 that did 3.2ghz @ stock voltage for 75 shipped...so I'll lap that and see how much I can squeeze from it under water. After that will come a q6600 g0.

I usually like to stay 1 step behind to keep things affordable.

^thats what IM sayin...^
thats a pretty sweet deal on the c2d...

Well i have my e6550@3.2, i had it at 3.4. but i had to increase a lot of volt and loosen my ram timings...so it wasnt worth it.
Running at 3.2 is just fine and everything runs speedy. I want to get a quad realy bad, but im low on money now and ill be getting some after next year.

And your right nag...it never ends...i just keep hoping though!

heh, no kiddin. truthfully, even though it bodes bad for AMD at the moment i'm kinda glad the Phenom doesnt pound intel. cos then i'd be like, "i gotta git me one! right now!...for 900 dollars!" hahhah. so, it'll work out in the end.

heh, no kiddin. truthfully, even though it bodes bad for AMD at the moment i'm kinda glad the Phenom doesnt pound intel. cos then i'd be like, "i gotta git me one! right now!...for 900 dollars!" hahhah. so, it'll work out in the end.

r u still planning on getting a Phenom? I personally think the 9700 might have something in store for use even though it n i guess the other Phenoms have a few bugs to work out.

i said this before n ill say it again, the 9700 consumes 125w from 90w, isnt this strange?

Not particularly, because I'm not entirely sure how they decide the tdp rating.

For example all of the e6xxx are rated at 65nm...the 1.86ghz e6300 all the way to the e6700

well...........maybe...........but from what im thinking does this mean the 9700 will have better OCing thus improving performance?

r u still planning on getting a Phenom? I personally think the 9700 might have something in store for use even though it n i guess the other Phenoms have a few bugs to work out.

i said this before n ill say it again, the 9700 consumes 125w from 90w, isnt this strange?

Not particularly, because I'm not entirely sure how they decide the tdp rating.

For example all of the e6xxx are rated at 65nm...the 1.86ghz e6300 all the way to the e6700

i just read that Phenom 9700 n 9900 will be available Q1 2008 for a price of $300 n $350.

i actually want the 9700 as a Christmas present but i guess i dont see this happening.

btw, i went n checked newegg for the Phenom, but it's not there n it came out today. Anyone know why?

because newegg is typically late...

i remember waiting for 7900gt's and they were late.. as well as core 2 duo's.. nothing new

well it was my bday yesterday n the original plan was to have my parents pay for the only necessary parts to get my computer up n running again. That is: Vista Ultimate, a 790X from GIGABYTE, Patriot 2GB DDR2 800 4-4-4-12, n possibly Phenom 9600. However, with the delay with the 9700, i have to scratch the shocking plan for my bday n delay it until Christmas n the 9700 n 9900 wont come out maybe not until Q1 2008.

instead, im gonna try to get SMG for Wii, 2 classical controllers, 2 Wii points cards, n possibly s-video cables n i have component.

EDIT:

i just figured out something, not only r the Phenoms bugged somewhat, but they r locked. So we might see unlocked Phenoms later, like black editions or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom