2 Phenom reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
your a fanboy. i knew you would respond like this.

That price looks good to me considering Phenom is $400 here in uk. Penryn will be same price or cheaper... and they are MORE POWERFUL!.. is it sinking thru.. price vs power.

Didnt say Phenow was a crap chip did i. stop being a fanboy.

Im not being aggressive towards a MICROCHIP MAN.. Get with it boy hahaha!.. the discussion is about Phenoms not being as good as expected. and Yes if you got an AMD mobo and only want to upgrade THEN YES PHENOM IS FOR YOU. But still Intel is more powerful if your wanting to build a new PC. Your gonna say the opposite whether theres facts or not. Answering my sentences with mixed up answers dont make you look cool either.

oh yeh little lesson for you. Cant dress a turd means however beautiful you dress it (basically your excuses) its still a steaming turd. And no dumby that dont mean Phenom is actually a turd.. its a figure of speech. But if you want it to be a turd so be it thats your perogative... stop with the smart arse goobley gook backchat too.. Im using well known saying your just making up a load of jibberish.

you can argue with the FACT.. that Penryn beat Phenom in performance.. and at around same price. tbh if a Q6600 beats it a Penryn is gonna murder it performance wise.

your a fanboy. i knew you would respond like this.
See, there's an actual reason why I'm responding like I am.
I don't like people attacking a product that isn't bad.

YES, I'm an AMD fan. NO, I'm not trying to argue that the Phenom is faster than the C2Q. what I AM saying, is that the C2Q's are not MUCH faster.

That price looks good to me considering Phenom is $400 here in uk. Penryn will be same price or cheaper... and they are MORE POWERFUL!.. is it sinking thru.. price vs power.
Now you're being presumptuous. If you'd read my posts, you'd see that I've already acknowledged that the Core 2 Quad's are faster chips. That's not what I'm arguing against.

Didnt say Phenow was a crap chip did i. stop being a fanboy.
Now you're trying to pretend I put words in your mouth.

Im not being aggressive towards a MICROCHIP MAN.. Get with it boy hahaha!..
And I wasn't saying you were.

the discussion is about Phenoms not being as good as expected.
Yeah, not about completely slandering them. And again, I'm not accusing you of doing so. But other people are.

and Yes if you got an AMD mobo and only want to upgrade THEN YES PHENOM IS FOR YOU.
RIGHT.

But still Intel is more powerful if your wanting to build a new PC.
AND I EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED THAT THE INTEL CHIPS ARE FASTER.

Your gonna say the opposite whether theres facts or not.
No, I'm really not.

Answering my sentences with mixed up answers dont make you look cool either.
this was never about "looking cool"

you can argue with the FACT.. that Penryn beat Phenom in performance.. and at same price.
Oh really?

FFS, I KNOW that the Penryn and the current C2Q is faster. THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M ARGUING OVER.

All I did was point out that the difference between the Phenom's and C2Q's is NOT VERY BIG.

THEN, people started slandering the Phenom. THEN, I defended it. Now, people are starting to take things out of context.

you guys are so full of s***.
this was a good discussion before all this typical BS that happens everytime someone mentions something positive about AMD.
to maroon1 that has to bash anything that he doesnt like, you just need to stop putting words in my mouth. i never denied that the phenoms were outperformed by intels quads, actually quite the opposite. so i wish you would just STFU and leave me alone.
actually, you seem to bring anger and your poor attitude towards anything non-intel into every thread that mentions AMD, i wish you would just stay out of the civil posts that are started, because ANYTIME you put your two cents in its rude and instigates an argument, which seems to be your ONLY input, you troll. then apokalipse gets all worked up, and all he and i are trying to do is point out that yes Phenoms do have their strong points apparently, certainly against the current AMD lineup. but you take it as we are saying "intel sucks" when we're not, but your posts contain nothing but "AMD sucks" when you dont even grasp the point we are making. so shove OFF.
i didnt start this thread, but believe me....your input is not WELCOME nor is it WANTED nor is it NECCESSARY in any of the threads i do start. any time i try to mention a good part of any company other than intel, you have to jump in and start spewing all this aggressive nonsense. you can be civil and you can be opinionated, just dont be such a d***head.
i swear dude sometimes i want to leave this forum, and really it is only because of you. you are SO rude. i wish you would grow up a little or go irritate other people.
as far as "dressing a turd" goes...you guys are once again, full of it. its a good chip. it has a new architecture. it has a brand-new design that is revolutionary, and will likely do much to revolutionize the industry, but you nimrods are too stupid or too blind to see that. you only see "its not as good as intel lets bash it" because you're little kids with nothing better to do. so, have fun. i promise, you wont win against apokalipse. he can refute with the best of them. i dont even try anymore, i just get irritated by the attitudes here.

The Phenom:

1.) Has a superior design.
2.) Does not have to go through the northbridge to acess memory.
3.) Is not fully matured yet.
4.) Was benchmarked on a motherboard that is not fully suported by it/optimised for it.
5.) Is backed up by a solid chipset (790FX).
6.) Will drop in price in the near future.

I am stating FACTS here. Intel fanatics, if you want to flame me for it, go ahead.

Well apok and nag, why dony you guys come up with a conclusion about these new phenoms and then we can close this thread to stop further flaming...
Problem solved.

and this is coming from an INTEL owner omg. you guys should take a note from him...notice Vaanish doesnt say anything NEGATIVE...wow! so hard to believe. look and learn. i bet he could even compare two chips from oppsing companies without bashing one of them. unbelievable i say!

my conclusion is this:
if you have an am2 mobo, and are ready to upgrade, buy a phenom.
you should perhaps wait until the b3 revision to make sure the bugs are worked out. at some future point you can then buy a 790 mobo.
or, you can buy a 9500 now and hope that it will overclock like crazy without running into that TLB bug.
i think the 9500 will all be B2.
or, rumors of an unlocked 9600 have surfaced. depends on your current rig and how long you want to keep it.
if you are buying a new quad system, there is no doubt (and i've said this numerous times MAROON) you should buy the intels.
unless you are indeed an unreasonable fanboy, and they are around.
low-budget? or you just want a cheap chip to OC like crazy?
toss up between AMD and intel. no doubt about it.

now, im done with this thread unless it returns to civility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom