2 Phenom reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
atm with Nvidia vs Ati and even Intel vs AMD... its all about...

POWER vs PRICE!

all the underdogs can do is lower their prices to temp customers away from the more powerful higher priced products. If AMD phenom dont perform aswell as a Q6600 £150... what the **** is the price gonna be? £130/140 for AMD quad.

It's funny because so many people held off buying a Q6600 so that they could get one of these... hehe

Because many people were fooled by the lies and the fake rumors that claimed that Phenom will be 40% faster than intel Quad core

and dont feel sorry for my "crappy and horrible" savings when i buy a $180 9500 and clock it up to the performance level (or close enough for government work) of a $280 intel quad.

And who told you that the price of 9500 is $180 ?? According to websites I read, the price of 9500 is $280, not $180 !!!

i for one will be waiting for a little more DATA instead of two crappy reviews that show no benchmarks and really only give the authors opinion. and yes i know anandtech is a good site, but i see nothing of merit in that article posted

Who told you that the two reviews don't show any benchmarks ??

Did you look at the reviews ?

AnandTech: AMD's Phenom Unveiled: A Somber Farewell to K8

[H] Enthusiast --- enthusiast.hardocp.com

Here is more reviews and benchmarks for you

Phenom 9700, AMD's 1st Quad-Core CPU | Tom's Hardware

AMD's Phenom processors - The Tech Report - Page 9

Do you need more proof that AMD phenom is slower than Intel Core 2 Quad ?

And who told you that the price of 9500 is $180 ?? According to websites I read, the price of 9500 is $280, not $180 !!!
He's talking about in the future. not right now.

Yes, we get it. A Q6600 is slightly faster than a 9700.
Go enjoy your extra frame per second.

Talk about kicking a dead horse.
Do you need more proof that AMD phenom sucks ?
Two things:

1. Shut

2. Up

Seriously, what is this? a "let's completely beat down every product that doesn't quite perform as well as another on average" week?
*edit*
And both perform worse than the cheaper Q6600
the 9700 is only slightly behind the Q6600.
Because many people were fooled by the lies and the fake rumors that claimed that Phenom will be 40% faster than intel Quad core
what's your point?
Many people were fooled into thinking Pentium 4's were better, because they had higher clock speeds.

Q6600 is also faster than 9900 on average, not only 9700

It seems that AMD fanboys get angry when we say the truth

hey apok, i just want to say that if amd wanted to release something new, it should be better than whats already out.
Intel already had quads out, im not sure when they had released them.
But if amd wanted to bring quads, they had to do something different that would actually interest both amd and intel fans.

If all they give us is the same thing intel has done, i dont see whats so great?

Q6600 is also faster than 9900 on average, not only 9700
That's debatable.

It seems that AMD fanboys get angry when we say the truth
No, maroon. You just don't get it, do you?
I'm not angry that Core 2 quad's are faster. I just hate it when Intel fanboys keep beating and beating and beating their drum, and beating down the competing product as much as they can.

That's debatable.

No, maroon. You just don't get it, do you?
I'm not angry that Core 2 quad's are faster. I just hate it when Intel fanboys keep beating and beating and beating their drum, and beating down the competing product as much as they can.

Well, a lot of ppl were making fun on intel fans that the phenoms would be better, so that kind of stuff always happens.
I actually wanted amd to do good but am disappointed.
I just go for whats better and the best bang for the buck, and it seems to me that intel is right for that.

hey apok, i just want to say that if amd wanted to release something new, it should be better than whats already out.
Intel already had quads out, im not sure when they had released them.
But if amd wanted to bring quads, they had to do something different that would actually interest both amd and intel fans.
Okay, I'm going to throw a couple of facts out there:

1. designing CPU's isn't easy. It's hard work. It's made especially harder if you have to compete with people who have much more money and resources than you.

2. AMD have already done a very good job on the Phenom's. They had far less resources to make them, but they actually got pretty close to Core 2 Quad's, clock for clock.

If all they give us is the same thing intel has done, i dont see whats so great?
The fact that it's competition, and the fact that they've done so with far less resources, and the fact that the Phenom's ARE ACTUALLY GOOD.
It doesn't matter what Intel fanboys will tell you. Phenom's are good chips, which perform well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom