2 Kilowatt Power Supply anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/436/1/

Im sure this is old news to some, but new to most like my self.

This is a total joke.

150 Freaking amps on one 12V rail? It's just absurd.

Defiantly something TriEclipes would recommend :p

ultra_2000w_psu_rating.jpg

ultra_2000w_psu.jpg

lmfao probably has like 2kw but then a 20% efficiency lmfao

either way you will never need 2kw anyime soon

Lord AnthraX said:
150 Freaking amps on one 12V rail? It's just absurd.

Defiantly something TriEclipes would recommend :p

I hope that was tongue-in-cheek.

Sora said:
lmfao probably has like 2kw but then a 20% efficiency lmfao

either way you will never need 2kw anyime soon

Or, perhaps, never. Most companies are aiming to lower the power consumption of their products, and consumers continually protest higher watt products. Plus, imagine the electric bill with a 2kW PSU. I don't think anyone's willing to pay that much. ;)

Check this quote from the article;

To put this into perspective, NVIDIA's power hungry 8800GTX DirectX 10 compliant graphics cards uses ~30A. If one was to run a pair of 8800GTX graphics cards in SLI it would double to roughly 60A

And this is why 99% of PSU reviews are done by idiots in the field. Nvidia recommends a total of 30A for an entire 8800GTX system, not one videocard. And thus, two 8800GTXs don't require 60A. More like 40-45A. Plus, Legit Reviews FTL. :mad:

'The label says one, but I opened one up and it looks like two to me. [...] Would this meet ATX12V spec? No. Since ATX12V can't have more than 20A on any 12V rail.' - Ultra Products USA

Lol @ self-depreciation.

I wouldn't put one in any PC of mine, for reasons other than the possibility of it going nuclear. 150A on a single rail, and even divided over 2 rails, is hella scary. But it seems to be in fashion somehow; PCP&C still seems to make one with 60A+ on a rail.

i've seen that before somewhere....but 2kw is just wayy too much. 150 amps is pretty crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom