2 Gigs Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD LARKIN

Baseband Member
At the moment I have 1 gig of RAM, I always heard that anything over 1 gig is useless for gaming right now. I was just wondering if I did add another 1024mb in how would my performance change as far as gaming go, would it help at all? Just for loading times?

For games like Fear and BF2 2GB is what we recommend even tho the min requiredments are probably 512MB Ram.

I would suggest anothe GB or ram with your system. is that an AMD Athlon 64? or just plain athlon?

and extra 1GB will help you in games like bf2 and fear.

and for loading times yes, and minmizing between games and apps like that

:) Oh ok sweet, then i guess I'll have to add another gig in, I play battlefield 2 all the time and I just beat the awsomeness of F.E.A.R., it is a athlon 64, and I fixed my sig.

OH and another thing, at the moment i have 2 512mb cause i was trying to run dual channel but my cheap mother board kept giving me a beep code when ever i tried to put them in next to each other :(. Anyways it says in my mother board manual puting ram in all 4 slots is not recomended (which makes me wonder why it even came with 4), so is getting just 1 stick of 1024mb alright?

Does Dual Channel make that much of a difference, i never thought it did, i thought it was a miniscule increase in performance...

I thought it was like a highway not dual channel is a 4 lane while dual channel is like 8 lanes might wanna check up on that from someone else tho, not quite sure on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom