2 builds for friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
My two friends want me to build PCs for them. One wants a performance boost for gaming because he's stuck on a Radeon Xpress 200 (which is an IGP that uses the GPU from an X300) and also an Athlon 64 3700+. My other friend just wants one that will store stuff and can multi task without ever slowing down. Rate these two builds. If you want to make any more suggestions, then you can, but the parts must be from this website cclonline.com - PC Pro Online Retailer of the Year 2007 and also neither of the PCs can cost more than £400. Neither of the PCs will be overclocked either. They probably won't notice the difference in performance, and breaking the warranty would not be worth the hassle that they would give me if OCing bust one of the systems.

PC 1: Gaming Orientated (Intel):

Graphics:My X1950PRO: £40

RAM:My XMS2: £35

CPU:My e6300: £40

HSF:My AF7: £15

HD: Hitachi DeskStar 320GB

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung Writemaster SATA

CASE: Coolermaster Elite 330

PSU: Corsair VX450

MOBO: Abit IP35E

Total: £368

Do you think that I charged a good price for my old parts?

PC 2: General Use (AMD)

CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 BE-2400 (2.3 GHz)

GFX:My X1550: £10

RAM: 2GB OCZ Plats

HSF: OCZ Vanquisher

OPTICAL: Samsung Writemaster SATA

MOBO: Foxconn C51XEM2AA-8EKRS2H

Total: £348.

Do you think that a 450W NorthQ psu will be able to run this system?

Two good looking systems. Those prices you put on your old stuff seems really generous to me, and that PSU should be perfect.

Sorry I was going to PM you but I was gonna say that ebuyer actually do it for cheaper than I was going to sell it to you for and I wouldnt have included TIM so i didnt want to rip you off and you could have gotten a better deal elsewhere (and you probably prefer buying from a shop than off of other forum members)

Do you think that the C2D e4500 at stock would ever slow down if it was say downloading, surfing the web, ripping, burning and instsnt messaging? With 2GB DDR2 800.

I have now changed build 2:

PC 2: General Use (Intel)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500
GFX:My X1550: £10
RAM: 2GB OCZ Plats
HSF: OCZ Vanquisher
OPTICAL: Samsung Writemaster SATA
MOBO: Abit IP35E

Total: £371.

Im still not sure about the NorthQ PSU being able to power this system

Sorry about the triple post

Do you think that the C2D e4500 at stock would ever slow down if it was say downloading, surfing the web, ripping, burning and instsnt messaging? With 2GB DDR2 800.

nah its super powerful, even at stock, you can also overclock with the IP35-E to like 3.0ghz +

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom