1u Server build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feldan

Baseband Member
Hello all

I need to build a 1u rackmount server. I run a gameserver from home but it has outgrown my home connection and to send my tower to co-location is to expensive. So alternative is to build a 1u server.

I am by no means new to computers. I build my own fix other peoples etc... But when it comes to these 1u systems i am lost and need some help.

Here is what the server will be running.
Gameserver written in java
Loginserver written in Java
Database is MySQL

Java being as resource hungry as it is needs a very good CPU or maybe even duals. At least 2GB Ram to start with and upgradeable to 4 or 5 GB. The server software is pretty sensitive when reading writing to the DB so some 15000rpm SCSI drives are probably in order. 2 in Raid0? Or maybe 3 in Raid5?

Will be connected 100mbit.

I am in Canada so will probably need to order from here:

http://search.ncix.com/search.php?qu...imagefield.y=6

Buy the looks of things i will need to buy a barebones and add to it.

Thanks for any help
Feldan

Thanks will check those out. I am not in Toronto though but in BC. Do you know about these styles of comps?

not really, as you can see i started in February, and only know about general pcs, like media, and gaming and stuff, but i will definitely stay posted on this thread, i'd like to learn. I think cancomputer.com has a store in BC so you wont have to pay for shipping, not sure.

verification: yes it is in Richmond, BC, so if you live nearby you can just drive up to it and no shipping costs. YAY!

Ok cool..yeah its kinda like learning it all over again. Hopefully some people with experience in these server will be able to help me put this together. Don't want to order something wrong :p

*Bump* Out of all these techies there has to be 1 at least that knows these systems :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom