1st-Timer Build [AM2] (no intels please) Need feedback before I buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha here comes the amd bash fest i spoke of.
and no, an intel 6300 does not own every amd, man. stop spewing what you read in these forums and do some research.
there are many areas that amd surpasses intel, serach anandtech for the e6300 vs the amd (i think) x2 4600 or x2 4800.
there are several benchmarks, cinebench for one i think, that a 6300 doesn't "own". when you put a super clock on it, it kicks butt (the e6300) for a cheap cpu, but it is not superior in every test/benchmark, i.e. it doesn't own.
hahaha, but it does in superpi.
so, yeah...if you were using the programs those benchmarks were based on, you have a reason to buy amd. more than one.
i just had a guy post earlier on a thread that he had an e6300 and a x2 4200 <both, gasp> with all the same components, and on 3dmark 06 they scored 50 points apart. that aint ownage, because the amd chip costs less...
you guys rockin the "amd fanboy" make me laugh. cos when amd dominated the gaming market and were kicking intel in the face you were like...
<crickets chirping...>
i'm not saying that conroes aren't some honcho chips, or bashing intel (which ya'll seem incapable of in regards to amd), i'm just sayin get your facts straight.

Aww yeah! AMD FTW!

My next system will have the AM2 X2 5000 in it. SCREW Intel, I am supporting the little man!

On the other hand, AMD owns ATI, and I hate ATI cards.

So I guess Im not a TOTAL AMD fanboy.

lol amd isnt really the "little" man

get over it fanboys amd is losing right now, just like intel was losing before

its going to go back and forth so why choose just one?
why not go for both and get whichever is best for the price which right now core 2 is

maroon1 said:
This guy is saying "no intel please" in his title, so I think he is an AMD fanboy because intel completely owns AMD

He can get E6300 which cost the same as X2 4200+, but it performs much better.

There no reason to get AMD, not even ONE reason.
I WISH I WERE AS SMART AS YOU!!!!!

nagasama said:
ABSOLUTELY. the watercooling i mentioned before was on a x2 4200. opterons, especially socket 939, are MONSTER overclockers and much better than any x2 when it comes to overclocking. granted you do have to have a Zalman, but you should always have a Zalman, lol.

that makes me feel much better about my build. when i get my pc in its new case im going to start ocing it.

It would be even more healthier to get a Cyrix CPU.

That would make you the healthiest and most well respected PC enthusiast ever!

word.
do it. you have the best opty overclocker, probably one of the best amd overclockers.
off subject, but anyways...
this topic, ie. "im gettin amd not intel" always end up like this.
when discussing new builds, to noobs, i always suggest conroe, but the higher end ones like the e6600.
when people are set on what they want, ie. amd...and they seem like they have some sort of knowledge, i usually try to steer them in the right direction. nothing wrong with amd, but the conroe is a better chip in an OVERALL sense. when we get down to specifics, they both have their strong points.
most of the time people want amd as a personal preference, like myself. every intel i've ever had or dealt with was a hunk of crap. therefore, i prefer amd. so i didn't buy a conroe, nor will i likely buy a conroe. unless something catastrophic happens to my rig, lol...and my 4200 expires on me.
unbeknownst to at least half the people on this here forum...if you do in depth research you will find, as i stated earlier, that there are several areas in which the amd x2's outperform the conroes. there aren't like thousands such areas, but there are some. overclocking is not one of them, lol.
it just urrks me when people jump up and say (lol cos they heard someone else say it), "my e6300 owns anything amd makes".
that my friends, just aint true.

nagasama said:
you guys rockin the "amd fanboy" make me laugh. cos when amd dominated the gaming market and were kicking intel in the face you were like...
<crickets chirping...>
i'm not saying that conroes aren't some honcho chips, or bashing intel (which ya'll seem incapable of in regards to amd), i'm just sayin get your facts straight.

Actually back when AMD was dominating performance, the people on this board were doing exactly what their doing now. Which is telling people to get the better cpu. When AMD was better I told everyone to get a AMD, now that Intel is better I say get Intel.

At stocks speeds you can compare a e6300 to a 4600 amd but as soon as you overclock the e6300 is just flat out better. Or you can get a e6400 for the same cost as a 4600. The reason for calling someone a "amd fanboy" is because despite this fact they still want a amd for whatever reason. You know before c2d was out their was the minority "intel fanboy" and a bunch of people told them they should switch to amd.

If you absolutely now for sure that your not going to overclock then go with either one but if you overclock it just makes more sense to get the intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom