1st Time Build! - Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazama

Daemon Poster
Wow, it's been a long time guys, if you can remeber me (Don't worry, i matured.. i think:confused:)

Well, am building my first computer, but am still not confident
Here are the specs -

CPU: AMD X2 3800+
Mobo: DFI INFINITY NFII ULTRA II-M2
Memory: Corsair Value Select 2GB (2x 1GB)
Video Card: Asus 7950GT 512MB
Hard Disk: Seagate 400GB
Optical Drive: LITE-ON LH-18AIP
Mouse/Keyboard: Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000
Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster Live 5.1
Monitor: Samsung 940B
Case: CoolerMaster Centurion 5
Speakers: Logitech-X530 5.1
PSU: Thermaltake 700W PSU
CPU Heatsink: Thermaltake Blue Orb

I'll be having someone guide me through on the building process, so i don't think it will be a problem.

Is there anything am forgetting?, can you PLEASE PLEASE make sure everything is compatible. Is it possible to take out a pre-installed PSU and insert a diffrent one? and is this machine easy to be upgraded? without spending a fortune (Things that i will add to my upgrade: DirectX10 and other new generation hardware). All help with be appreciated along with suggestions.

Thanks so much and God bless you! :)

Looks like a solid system to me. Yes you can take out the pre-installed PSU and install a different one. What about monitor? If you have already, your set. Yea that's upgradable. Make sure that CPU and RAM you're getting is socket AM2 and DDR2 memory, to be compatible with the AM2 motherboard you chose.

That is a real good system. But expect to hear the typical "Core 2 Duo is the best processor ever!" comment.

Normally I would be one of those people haha, but I think I'll just leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom