1st Gaming pc! need some suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following along as my needs /budget is similar. The last posted components list by Muffinman does not include a OS, a HHD, any CD/DVD, etc. - dont mean to hijack the thread- but I have been trying to put together a I7 build for about $1k with HD, CD/DVD, Win 7, and have even lowered my Graphics card to a 5770 card and I am still having difficulty. Maybe with a I7- 860. What is the actual loss in the "real world" between I7 -920 vs the I7 -860 ? Thanks in advance and apologies to Rosettastoned717 for the highjack.

Lol no worries man i dont think your hijacking it. I havent added OS, HDD, and Disk drive in the list because i already have those from my current desktop. just gotta switch it over so im good.

500gb WD Caviar Blue with Windows 7 64-bit installed already. my diskdrive is sufficient enough i dont really use cd's usually just use Virtual Drivers. and my monitor is my tv.

But im eventually gonna buy a bigger HDD and a Monitor for my PC later on but for now its not an issue for me.

Well To my luck one of those Combo Deals ran out or something because it doesn't exist any more. just my luck =(

But i went searching again and this is what i came up with

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I keep the same CPU / Cooler combo, upgraded the 5850 to a 5870, and got a different power supply.

What do you guys think?

Grand Total : $1,155.68 - $45 MiR = $1,110.68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom