1st Game PC Build-- Budget System = Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, man. I scrounged for a less expensive 1366 socket mobo...but there isn't one to be had on neweggs. The thing that has me worried about that motherboard are the reviews. I wouldn't go solely based on them, but there are some pretty negative events (for me in particular, since I have an ATI 4870 and one guy couldn't get his mobo to recognize the ATI's).

Lol I like the rainbow lights on the fan.

So this may have been a little preemptive of me, but I went ahead and bought the Apollo case and OCZ PSU...the OCZ PSU rebate ends today, btw. I'll figure out cooling when I need to.

SO! I put together my overall cost for the E8500 Duo build and EVERYTHING (including my GPU) took me to around $816.73... $945.73 with a 19' monitor (I have a 5 year old 17' from Dell, lol).

Comparing that to the i7 (and I require the Vista OS), I got $981.70! Without the monitor though.

Lol. Kind of a trade off, no? High end Duo?! Or low end i7?!

$164.97 difference.

There is no such thing as low end i7 lol. And if the difference is only $164.97, it should be pretty obvious which way to go ;)

well SHIOT!!! i forgot you need an OS! well i went to Best Buy a few days ago and they had an off brand 22" LCD on sale for $139.99... so maybe take that last 100... steal another 50 from some old lady... and head out to your local stores and see wut you can find... i guess!

OR there is always my Dual Core build (don't tell pinscher though!!!)

^ Agreed, don't get a 250Gb with 8mb of cache, it will be filled up before you know it. As games come out, they're getting larger and larger.

You can't spend another $15 to get double the space? I highly recommend you do. You won't regret in the long run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom