1st Build: Project Tiffany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requires use of OSX?... I use photoshop, illustrator, and flash for classes as well and they work great on win7 :p

Have you seen the content aware feature of CS5? It's intense lol.

Requires use of OSX?... I use photoshop, illustrator, and flash for classes as well and they work great on win7 :p

Have you seen the content aware feature of CS5? It's intense lol.

CS5?! That came out?

Oh you're a graphics designer too? Yea I know its weird, but my professor and instructor really suggested making do with OSX...I think they're apple fan boys though. I don't mind the OS, it has some intuitive features...such as the spaces and stuff. Also it has less junk and is more secure as well as files don't become as fragmented.

But I do perfer Windows 7 :) The user interface looks more modern and better to me as well.

Nah its got a paper launch on the 12th. Adobe CS5 - Everything about Adobe Creative Suite 5 it's got some crazy stuff if it all works as advertised.

I'm not a graphics designer per say, I just enjoy using the software as something to do. Getting pretty good at some photoshop stuff, flash is still a bit over my head (just started a few weeks ago). Started on my own in photoshop last year, then this semester it was philosophy, some auto class, or media and graphic communications for 4rth period. Teacher is new to it as well, so its pretty much a browse and do other work class for me, have a 95 though so bringing my average up :D Whole school is a joke, but I could go on for pages about that :/

I just don't like OSX mostly cause I don't like mac laptops. Mom has a normal macbook (unibody, last years) and the touchpad is honestly one of the most annoying things ever. You actually have to push down the thing to click, instead of just tapping like dads laptop or the netbook we have. I don't like tactile feedback personally; feels inefficient to me. Along with the fact that there isn't much open source stuff and it can't play crysis :p

Not much of a problem for hackintosh's, but seems like a lot of work and money to use a backwards OS (IMO, user should have more control over their environment, instead of the company). Though some people like that, using a computer as tool and nothing more.

Nah its got a paper launch on the 12th. Adobe CS5 - Everything about Adobe Creative Suite 5 it's got some crazy stuff if it all works as advertised..

**** checked out the highlights and all, looking pretty good so far. Gonna have to cop it the day it comes out, hopefully it won't be tooooo expensive :)

You're in highschool? I remember when I first started graphics designing and media related stuff back in highschool also. I started from actually doing anime websites like DBZ and stuff haha. That's cool though, if you got a passion for it you should really consider making a career out of it. I'd love to see your work if you got a portfolio of it and what not :)

TBH I'm terrible at art :p Some things I can get going on right away and come out with something good, and others I can sit there and stare at the screen for hours with nothing worth showing. Drawings are even worse lol, idk how I managed to scribble my way through gr9 art, kinda like pc art since I can use a mouse far better then a pencil.

Have most of my stuff upped to tinypic (only missing a few tags), anything past pg4 (under uploaded stuff) is from last summer or so. Also lots of random stuff on there lol.

http://tinypic.com/3ia2cj03

Hmm your stuff is all over the place ha, but it looks like your pretty above average in it. And yes alot of random stuff on it. I'll have to upload my stuff to the website I'm working on, link ya when I finish :).

Hey btw anyone can tell me what the difference btween 2000 and 1600 is when it comes to DDR3 RAM? i'm still quite confused on that

2000 is 400mhz faster :p

Stick with 1600 or 1333, 2000 is only for overclocking, not to mention its ridiculously priced.

2000 is 400mhz faster :p

Stick with 1600 or 1333, 2000 is only for overclocking, not to mention its ridiculously priced.

Oh I see, I'll have to get that one when I build my true and real gaming PC then :) Thanks

MY PARTS ARE COMING IN TODAY! Can't Wait :) Will have pictures and youtube video of the build once completed :sad:

Got all the parts:

Will update with build progress and video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom