$1k build including monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idioteque

Baseband Member
Looking to build a new computer mostly for gaming. I'll be playing newer and older games. So I want something that can max Fallout 3/Far Cry 2/etc, but I'll be playing the occasional 2D RTS game every once in awhile too. No set budget, but I'd like to keep it under $1k with monitor included. So the cheaper, the better. I already have speakers and the OS.

Here's what I've found so far while looking around here. Prices are from Newegg unless mentioned otherwise.

Mobo = BIOSTAR TPower I45 ($159.99) Could I get a cheaper one at the same performance?

CPU = Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 ($189.99) 8600 is too much of a price increase, while the 8400 is just $20 cheaper.

CPU Cooling = Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm ($34.99) I hear it's the best air cooler out right now and it comes with the best thermal paste.

RAM = G.SKILL PI Black 4GB ($69.99) Looks to be the best 4GB set for that price.

GPU = SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4850 512MB ($164.99) Cheapest 4850 I could find.

HDD = Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB ($69.99) I'm open to anything better/cheaper here.

PSU = Corsair TX CMPSU-750TX ($80.99 from buy.com) If I could get something comparable from Newegg, that'd be great.

Case = COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black ($89.99) Don't really care about the case, just so it has 3 fans or so and will fit all the stuff.

DVD Drive = ASUS 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black ($27.99)

Mouse/Keyboard = Logitech 967973-0403 Black Mouse Included ($12.99 I'll use my Razer mouse from this heap, but I'll need another mouse for the old computer then so I opted for a combo here)

Monitor = need suggestions, I want 22" LCD but don't know what's good.

That's $901.90 before any MIR's, so I know getting a 22" is unreasonable. I guess I'm willing to go over if it's good bang for my buck. Does this build look good, is it compatible, and will it achieve what I want it to do? Are there any components better than what I've listed? Thanks.

It should, because he got the same exact parts I picked out from my thread!

Not sure what thread that is, but I remember finding the psu and ram from another thread, the other parts I've had my eye on. :p

Any advice on monitor though? Or cheaper, but still good alternatives to any of the parts?

I can stretch the budget a bit for a monitor, but I'd like to keep the price of it less than $200, if possible. No, I don't have a HDTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom