1gb of ram in dual channel vs 1.5gb in non dual channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
What would be the advantages of having less ram but running dual channel compared to more ram without dual channel?
I figured more ram would be faster all around but wondered if dual channel would had some advantages.

Dual channel is pretty much faster as you know.

You would only notice the diffrence if you were using intensive memory apps such as bf2....if your just using firefox and the occasional AIM and such you wont see any diffrence...

If it were me I would just save up for 2 x 1GB as you can get them for pretty cheap...

Well my sister wants more ram in her laptop that has 512mb in it right now. So I was trying to figure out if she should get a 512mb stick or a gig stick.
I wasn't sure if the 1gig stick would be worth the extra money. She says it runs really slow and since she could replace the 512 later, I was leaning toward 1.5gb.

actually my question is null anyway. I just found out that the her turion64 is a 754pin so I assume she can't have dual channel anyway. Now I just need to figure out if she even has a empty spot for a ram chip.

Edit: or does it have dual channel? Memorystock.com says it does.

No S754 does not support dual channel ram, thats what S939 is for. A more efficient memory controler. Anyways, if she has a Turion and 512mb of ram already on her laptop then maybe you should look at her programs and such in XP because it shouldnt be slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom