1GB -> 2GB will really increase performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madking153

In Runtime
hi,

i read somewhere before if we use 2GB of ddr RAM will not really increase lots the performance compare 1GB ? is it true?

If you have 2gb, No matter what type of system you have, bf2 is butter:D

Well it depends on what your doing...

Sure it would increase performance but is it worth it to you? :)

Example:

1Gb of ram, surfing internet, looking at email, browing internet

upgrading to 2GB would show a minute performance increase.

Example two:

1GB of ram, Playing games, Video Encoding, Intensive Apps, that sorta stuff

Yeah you will see a nice performance increase:)

Yes on a daily basis I use 98% of my 2 GIGs of ram and I wish I put in 4 GIGs when I built. Video Editing will murder your ram.

I want 2gb because of this dual core. You really can't multitask that well with a dual core but only having 1gb of RAM. My torrent program uses up more RAM than you'd think.

Then music apps like cakewalk project 5 takes up quite a lot itself.

Nubius said:
I want 2gb because of this dual core. You really can't multitask that well with a dual core but only having 1gb of RAM. My torrent program uses up more RAM than you'd think.

Then music apps like cakewalk project 5 takes up quite a lot itself.

dude my friend just got an X2 4800 and i can alt tab almost at the same speed out of BF2 with my 2GB of ram. yea i'd definatly say that 2GB makes a huge difference if you love gaming. i used to get lag spikes ALL the time, now, i get none its sick. and nubius, what are you using cakewalk for :D do you play guitar?

WOw, i dont understand how when u have 2GB you almost use all of it. Im running on 256mb, NOT dual channel clearly, and i run 4 anti viruses, fire wall, firefox, media player, MSN, Azureus, with minimal lag, ahaha.

Because Video editing or encoding a DVD would take 4x the amount of ram al that would. I encode 2 DVDs at a time (one each core) and use a gig of ram each. Im seriously thinking about filling the extra 2 slots w/ 2gig of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom