1GB or 2GB of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahlos

In Runtime
I'm not sure wether to get 1GB comprising of 2x512 sticks or 2GB comprising or 4x512 sticks or 2x1GB sticks. I have a X800GTO2 graphics card overclocked and unlocked and a AMD Athlon X2 3800
I use my comp for games and work and music editing.
I think i'll get 2GB at least as most games say they recommend 1GB. But i'm not sure wether to get 4x512 therefore filling up all my memory slots so stopping upgrade potentional. But they will run faster as they are smaller modules and can be run in dual channel mode. Although i hear that filling up all memory slots makes the RAM a little slower. So wht shall i do get 4X512 or 2x1GB and have upgrade potentional ??:confused:

kk guys cheers :D Any suggestions on which RAM. All i want is some good normal RAM as i hear that OC RAM ain't worth it. Although i am overclocking i'm just gonna use a memory divider. As its actually not that much better performence with no memory devider. Soo any suggestions.:rolleyes:

Just get some nice G.SKILL. and if you can get the DDR500 one...its very nice my freind owns it and BF2 runs like silk

4x512MB can be significantly slower than 2x1GB and many circumstances. You will likely only benefit 2GB if you're going to be playing the newest high-end games or you multitask alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom