15k RPM hdd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of people will tell you its not worth the money

I own it and I absolutley love it.

Incredibly fast.
If there are other components in need of a upgrade then you mine as well skip this

I have a 10k rpm WD Raptor. It's a small one (36.7GB), which I have Windows, and high-demand programs on it (like photoshop). I think it's worth it if you have a couple extra bucks to spend. It really helps with boot times and program loading, and general system responsiveness.

Depends, most consumer/user motherboards don't have onboard support (mostly, only server motherboards do) for SCSI, the only current type of hard drive that boasts 15K rpm's, you'd have to buy an expensive add-on card to gain support for it, I've heard they run alot hotter, louder, and that the performance gain is marginal in comparison to the gain of 10,000 vs. 7,200 , I wouldn't recommend it myself, but that's just me.

SCSI Drives are worth it if they are going to be used in a server or in a Computer that is on for long periods of time. SCSI Drives are designed to last longer then EIDE or SATA Drives because they are Usually used in servers.

I would bought a couple if I had the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom