$1500 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 8800gt is on the bottom slot. The only slot below it is a pci and pciex8.
I'll leave the 470 on top then.
I might add another case fan, also. Although I have a total of 7 already. 4 front intake, one at the rear behind the Hyper cooler, one at the rear top and one I cut a hole for on the case top.

How would I manually increase the fan speeds?

Use evga precision to change your fan.

Also ensure theres an easy path for the air to get to the cards. Reroute cabling, and keep the air path as direct as possible. Good cable management can drop temps `10C.

patonb, thanks. I thought Slaymate meant the case fan speeds.

Increasing the card fan speeds really helps?

Evga precision says it's already at 67, and its set to auto.

Should I increase it?

btw, how do you add a screenshot to these post? all I see is a way to add a link.

It's been a few days since the build and still suffering from high temps. By increasing the fan speed via evga Precision I dropped a few degrees, but when I unplugged the second monitor I dropped from 86C at idle to 63C.
I really think some of the problem here is that the cards are too close together in this mobo. There's only a half inch between them (GTX 470 on top and 8800GT beneath). Also, the 8800 won't drop below 73C.

BTW, before unplugging the 2nd monitor I added another case fan to blow on the vid cards, but that didn't help.

If I can't get the temps to drop using dual monitors I may have to RMA this card. Any suggestions?

Random question... what do you have for a case and what do you have for intake/exhaust fans?

Fans: Type/size

Guttzu, case is Lian Li A-71, with 4-120mm intake fans and 2- 120mm rear exhaust and 1 on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom