$1500 Gaming Comp! Please help tweak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Hello, so i finally decided to build a desktop. Im looking at 1500 to spend on it and would really want it to be a computer that I can just simply upgrade later instead of rebuilding a whole computer over again.

Basically I hate slow computers. Nothing makes me more mad then when Im trying to do multiple things at once and the computer locks up...So i really want a Quad. I plan on doing a little overlocking also, so a good motherboard to achieve this goal would be great. I dont know how affective 4GB over 2GB of RAM or if DDR2 is still good memory but for 100$ 4GB seems pretty good.

Ok so heres what I have so far. Any Feedback, comments, tweaks, or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated as I am still kind of a newb at this whole thing.

Q6600 (Hopefully will give me the kind of Multitasking Im looking for)

ASUS Maximus Formula (SLI is a little expensive for me, Is there another board that isnt as much and is a good overclocker?)

eVGA 8800GT 512MB (Cheap and should run all my games how i want to run them)

Thermal Take Toughpower 700W (I dont know if this is too much power but i heard this was a good PSU. If this can be exchanged for something cheaper then please help as this is like 180$)

SEAGATE 250GB 32MB Cache (heard 32MB Cache was really good ><)

Patriot 4GB DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 (I dont know if going for 4GB instead of 2GB but for $100 it just seems worth it. Enlighten me on this subject please)

DVD Burner

22" Widescreen LCD Monitor (Had one and loved it. Perfect size for me for the perfect price.)

Antec 900 (Had this case, and to be honest i hate it... all it does is collect dust..if you can help me change this id be greatful. its going for $119 so if you can find something thats better for the same or less please do)

So thats the computer I dont know how it all looks but right now its at a little over 1500 and heres the bad news...i live in alaska now and to ship all of it here is like 250...when its only 35 to my old place so after shipping its around 1750....so any positive tweaking would be great!

thanks in advance!

So you think its worth it to keep then? How about memory wise? Keep 4GB of DDR2 800 or go for 2GB of something like DDR2 1066?

if ur using windows vista 64 bit edition, go for 4 gb... if your gonna use any windows 32bit, go for 2gb

and the only purpose of getting high speed memory, is if your plan on overclocking

Well is DDR2 800 good at overclocking?

Also can anyone recommand a Motherboard thats a good overclocker and is cheap? Im a little over my budget so i need help trimming somethings down. likewise with the case.

Can they overclock well? I was thinking about just going for the
eVGA 780i board since its the same price as the formula...still questioning it though.

That is true, i guess just having the option if i wanted to seems nice. as for the x38's they are the almost the same price as the 780i and the Formula. Am I looking at the wrong motherboards?

As for the P35's, being $80 just seems like its a bad board since the others are 250...idk ive always lived by "You get what you pay for" but thats just how I am. How do them boards compare to the 780i and the Formula? I mean whats the difference to make them 250 and the other boards $80-90?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom