$1500 Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I am leaning more toward the 790i just cause I have some loose money to spend and it supports DDR3 which, in the future, will become mainstream. I am looking more toward the q6700, and possibly in the next year or two get an extreme series processor.

save money on ram, go ddr2 instead. mobo 750i more money save then u can spend more on a better gcard and better cpu like instead of 6700 get q9450 and gcard 9800gtx

yeah man, I don't really see the need to blow money, I mean if you really want go ahead. New cards are coming out, nehelem or whatever its called won't be supported by the 775 so why but top of the line board, by the 750iftw. are you going to overclock above 3.6ghz? no? then don't bother with the q7600. But hey your money. ddr3 doesn't look like it will kill ddr2 for a while. My guess is by the time it does you will want a new mobo for new processors anyways.

even if you are going to overclock above 3.6ghz then the Q6600 is still the better choice IMO...you're going to hit the limits of the chip before you hit the limits of the motherboard/ram on a 9x multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom