15,000 RPM HDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
PoisonPorkchop said:
Oh i see that you are comparing same sized drives. NVM. I see your point

Yep. Most people already gripe about the (relatively) small 74 gb capacity of the raptor so...

I've got nothing against SCSI... it's price is just rediculous is all. I'd love it if i had the money :).

Wow guys.. Come on, seriously, why sepnd so much on a HDD setup. Its insane. SCSI are only used for server usage and such. They deliver faster speed than the 10k raptors or the 7200 satas.. for about 600$ more..

You can get a nice raid setup with simple sata HDDs and perform jsut as good as having 1 15k SCSI. The main point of getting the scsi hdds is for the datatransfer of 320 mb/s compared to the 150 on satas. Windows doesnt even support that speed, so no use. Its mainly for servers, so it can spread the speed throughout many different pcs.

You guys probably wont be able to make a difference with scsi hdds at your level...

The main point of getting the scsi hdds is for the datatransfer of 320 mb/s compared to the 150 on satas. Windows doesnt even support that speed, so no use. (woops, this is from Toast above ^)

What speed does windows support up to? Hopefully this doesn't fall too far out of the scope of this thread.

I was wondering the same thing as PoisonPorkchop. U-Toast is all over that one!!! makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom