12V power supply problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

petergriffon

Beta member
OK, so the new MB I was given to use has a normal 24 pin power connector and then a 4 pin 12V power connector that according to the manual has to be used. My power supply has two 6 pin 12V connectors, 1 is being used for my SLI video card, and the other I'm assuming is for the motherboard. But the power supply plug is 6 pin and the motherboard connector is 4 pin. I'm going to contact the motherboard company later to ask them, but I'm wondering if any of you have an idea on this one.

Alright firstly what's your motherboard. Secondly what's your power supply.

The two 6-pin cables are not 12V connectors. Yes, they use a lot of the 12V lines but they're called PCI-e connectors. There should be a 4-pin ATX12V connector for the CPU socket somewhere, it's not like it's something new. Your power supply should have one.

I was just about to post this before I read your reply. I checked the specs on the power supply and it says it has 2 6pin PCI-E connectors, and 1 4pin 12V connector. I must have just overlooked it last night......so many cables. Thanks for the reply though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom