$1200 Sandy bridge build... Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Failure is a bit strong, let me elaborate. I think myself and everyone is used to ATI coming out with cheaper, better performing cards and, it seems the tables have turned. The 6950 was suppose to compete with the GTX 570 and did not win.

"Conclusion

When we looked at the 6900 series on launch day we saw that generally the GTX 570 was faster than the 6970 with the 6850 a little further behind. When we overclock the cards and run them through a selection of games the Gigabyte GTX 570 still managed to come out on top for most of the tests however the 6970 did close the gap a little under these enhanced configurations."

So when comparing the HD 6950 to the GTX 560 TI. You have to remember. There is a $50 price difference(for the 2GB modle). You would be paying more and getting less numbers, while runnning hotter, louder and pulling more power from the wall.

Ok, well i think i'm going to go for the 6850 as opposed to 6870. As i said earlier, i am in no need for a top of the line gpu. Going with the XFX 6850

I think i'm set in my decision with the samsung monitor, however i may bump up to the 23" bx2331 instead of the 21.5" bx2231. only $30 difference once S&H is figured.

I would still need to figure a decent 2.1 speaker system into this build. Any suggestions? I'm looking for best bang/buck here.

Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom