1200$ gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseking25

In Runtime
Hi. Im looking to build a high end gaming rig for around 1100-1200 $. I was hoping it could be quad core and have a 8800*** video card. I also want to get vista.

Case - Your choice... (I suggest getting a case from zipzoomfly.com, because of free shipping.)
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz OEM (From ClubIT.com)
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3R (From ClubIT)
Memory - 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2-800 (From ClubIT)
Power supply - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w (From pcpower.com) or Corsair 520HX (From ClubIT)
Graphic card - EVGA 8800GTS 320MB (From ClubIT)
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB (From ClubIT)
Optical drive - LG DVD Burner (From ClubIT)
Aftermarket HSF - Tuniq 120 (From svc.com)
OS - Vista Home Premium 32-bit OEM (From ClubIT)

It's only about $140 at their site. And that's cheap, considering the other places. Gives more headroom for future upgrades. Though the Corsair 520HX should do the same.

one more thing...im not gonna be able to buy it for a little while. is it worth waiting for intel's new procs to come out?

Since you're not buying for a while, Intel's new desktop processors will be released early next year. So it's up to you, if you want to wait that long. But don't wait too long.

Since you're not buying for a while, Intel's new desktop processors will be released early next year. So it's up to you, if you want to wait that long. But don't wait too long.

thats true... but they won't be cheap right off the bat... they'll be like the q6600's prices b4 July the 22nd

well im not waiting till july...just 1-3 months...i thought they were gonna be released in november. i kno they'll be rlly expensive then but will they be that much better than the current-gen procs?

well im not waiting till july...just 1-3 months...i thought they were gonna be released in november. i kno they'll be rlly expensive then but will they be that much better than the current-gen procs?

um... i meant July as in 2 months ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom