$1200 Build for friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you want a descent oc board that is nvidia pick this up.
Newegg.com - EVGA 123-YW-E175-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i FTW SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
the 750iftw is the best value sli board and it overclocks like a beast.

I decided to go with the HD 4870 because I hear that it is a better all around GPU and he will probably be playing everything from age of empires all the way to crysis and just about everything in between. I also heard that The 9800GX2 is not as smooth as the 4870 and does not do Direct X 10.1 (Probably does not matter much) But they are about the same price so I don't know.

When **** freezes over. There is no reason to pick an Nvidia board if you are getting an ATI video card.

The Biostar has the World Record for overclocking, and it has Crossfire support. The nvidia board has neither. Not only that but the current nvidia boards are overpriced for their value and aren't as good quality.

Kepp the I45, do yourself a favor.

I seriously recommend keeping the I45. It set the world record for highest fsb (~720mhz) and will do 600+mhz on air.

I would also keep the HD 4870 since he has the option of crossfire in the future.

When **** freezes over. There is no reason to pick an Nvidia board if you are getting an ATI video card.

The Biostar has the World Record for overclocking, and it has Crossfire support. The nvidia board has neither. Not only that but the current nvidia boards are overpriced for their value and aren't as good quality.

Kepp the I45, do yourself a favor.

imo the 750iftw is the only nvidia board with good value. any 780i is over priced i can agree. but also i gave teh recomendation after he said he might get a gx2, and said that he wasnt sure what to get so hed go p43. also yesy oru argument of the worlds record oc is viable but it doesnt have crossfire because its sli, so the p45 doesnt have sli it balences out. anyway i can agree nvidia boards blow in majority but the evga 750iftw does not and holds its value very very well.

He chose the 4870, so the lack of crossfire is an issue.

Cause cross fired 4870's is so essential and worth every penny.

Dude that single 4870 will last him a long time. By the time he needs a new GPU, the 4870 won't be worth cross firing.

And that is a reason to spend extra on a motherboard that doesn't support it? There isn't a very good argument for using an Nvidia board here. He chose an ATI card, he has a dual core processor. Therefore it makes the most sense to get the best overclocking board that supports crossfire in his price range. The I45 supports crossfire and happens to be the best overclocker, period.

Dude that 750iFTW isn't going to do anything that the I45 can't and its more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom