1200$ AMD Budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light45

Baseband Member
Alright i my friend asked me to build him a gaming computer and before i sent him the link to all the parts i would just like to see what you guys have to say about it. keep in mind that if there is a better build out there please let me know. hes not going to OC or anything like that so no need for a new CPU heat sink and he also wants the 8G's of Ram.

Case
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

MOBO
Newegg.com - ASUS M4N98TD EVO AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

CPU
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX

Ram
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMX8GX3M2A1333C9

Video Card(2)
Newegg.com - XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

HHD
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6402AAEX 640GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

CD Drive
Newegg.com - ASUS Black 22X DVD+R 12X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 12X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 40X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache E-IDE/PATA CD/DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

PSU
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Builder Series CMPSU-600CX 600W ATX12V v2.3 Active PFC Power Supply

OS
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade

as of right now the final price for the build is $1,182.88

This was just a quick put together please let me know if there is a better build with the 8G's of ram and the 2 video cards for crossfire.

Your build with these parts replaced:

Case + PSU
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

CPU + GPU
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

$1117

You should buy one better card and buy a second one later on. If you're buy two cards at start you're limiting your future upgrades.

alright cool thank you i will send him the link with your updated parts thanks

To be honest I know almost nothing about cases... I just kept the one he selected and found a combo deal with it.

dont get a antec 300, its a garbage case...

get a NZXT Gamma or NZXT M59, both are cheaper and have better features.

You have to realize that not everyone really cares about the case. As long as the outside looks fairly decent some people will just shrug at it and stick it under their desk never to look at it again. For a typical run of the mill cheapo case the 300 is actually quite decent.

As for the build what they said up there ^ plus ill add on with -

If he doesnt plan to OC then i suggest the 970BE. More so the 970 though because of a higher stock clock. As sean found out my 465 bests his 5870 simply because of a higher CPU speed and the 970 is almost as fast stock as Seans OCed 965. Normally in this case id suggest an i5 PC within means of the budget but due to no OCing i think a 970 would be the best bet in this scenario. Also, is there any particular reason your friend wants 8GB of RAM?

For the same price i recommend these instead. They are faster, and in a no OC scenario you want faster stock.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

The poor wire management of antec cases is their only issue.

Their quality built with excellent fans. Having features is nice, but if you build and forget, them features become useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom