1155 heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1st heatsinked you linked to is a 92mm heatsink, it really won't perform much better than the stock heatsink. The Thor is a unique design that works fairly well but it's fin design is a nightmare to keep clean.

I would go with the Prolimatech but it doesn't come with any fans. This Silverstone is my favorite, it pushes a lot of air and it comes with a fan controller if you find it to loud at full speed.
Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE FM121 120mm Case Fan

The Noctua NH-U12P is a slightly larger design (120mm vs. 92mm) than the Xigmatek and it's proven it's ability to dissipate a large amount of heat.

No, their decent heatsinks (Xigmatek) but they don't match up to a Noctua or Prolimatech.

If your not overclocking or your only interested in a average mid-range overclock then a 120mm Xigmatek will work great.

Just how far of an OC are you going? on my 2500k i got to 4.5 with an Corsair A50 and temps at 34c idle - 59c full load, which probably isnt great but plenty fast for me. Sad thing was my first OC, and after reading for a week on how to do it all i had to do was up the voltage to 1.31 or close to that.

Don't know how far I plan on going. Apparently the heatsink isn't on well, my idle temp is 45c at stock speed. I will try reseating the heatsink. What is the best way to apply paste? What I do is put about a pea size in the center of the cpu, is this the best way?

Edit: The MB monitor shows the temp at 45c but real temp shows shows between 28-38 idle for all 4 cores, so I guess it is on there good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom