10K Build, not kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you only going for (2) GTX 285's instead of (2) GTX 295's for Quad-SLI? What kind of a $10 Grand PC is that. My $4000 Air PC will beat-up your PC unless you get at least (3) GTX 285's and then I may still win. The problem with Tri-SLI is all your cards are crammed together like Sardines. (2) GTX 295's will give your cards some breathing room and the Quad power to Beat Me Up :D

Tri-sli actually does better then quad sli at this point. Just ask veedub. I think the two 295s actually got hotter than his 3 285's.

Its really not worth the money for quad sli and last time i checked, there are some games where it will fail at high res. I would really stay away from quad-sli unless you benching, stay with something practical that is actually worth the cash. i would get the following.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - G.SKILL FALCON FM-25S2S-128GBF1 2.5" 128GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks in raid 0
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Perfect Storm 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory Model F3-16000CL8T-6GBPS - Desktop Memory - to hiki, i thought these were ddr1600 thats why i said they were badly priced, i didnt realise these were ddr2000, my bad.
Newegg.com - XFX GX285XZWFF GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards SLI
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives x2 for storage
Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional 70SB088600002 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

a fair deal cheaper then before, and really unless this is the best it will get for gaming, anything more will provide minimum increases in performance. See what he thinks, you could if you wanted to, add another gtx 285. I love the raven case, want to get one myself one day.

For SLI I decided on 2 GTX 285 mainly because two 295s are more expensive then 3 285s and everyone tells me 3 285s are better. So it seemed like if I was going to get 2 295s I might as well get 3 285s.

Do you think the 1GB cards will run two/three 30" monitors at high resolution? My i7 has only one GTX 285 with a 24" so I have no experience here. I went with the 2GB mainly cause it seemed like the smallest step down I could take. Also, still curious about those self contained liquid coolers. This guy says he could stand to change the cooling every so often so I might go with one of Petra's kits.

(3) GTX 285's are not better than (2) GTX 295. As it stands, in this forum, my (2) GTX 280's are beating the only (3) GTX 285 system I know of in every benchmark but (1). And when I added a 3rd GTX 280 I beat it 2. The GTX 285 looks pretty on paper but it's not all that. And the 2GB version is a bigger waste of money.

And while you may not need more than a std. sli system to play games at max. settings in todays games, what about 6-12 months from now, or next year. If I gave you $10K to build me a PC and you cheaped out with 2 or 3 GTX 285's I'd be ****ed.

If this is suppose to be a $10K computer it needs (2) GTX 295's or it's just going to be a PC with glitter thrown on it.

Tri-sli actually does better then quad sli at this point. Just ask veedub. I think the two 295s actually got hotter than his 3 285's.

HaHaHa, read above :D

As it stands, in this forum, my (2) GTX 280's are beating the only (3) GTX 285 system I know of in every benchmark but (1).

What benchmarks are those?? Vantage is the only one i would go by for 3d graphics. If you are considering 3Dmark06 as one of those benchmarks then you should know its been proven that it is not an accurate test of newer graphics cards by any means...

use that 10k as leverage and start trading options. Stock market volatility is key to earnings with options.

Some guys I know are getting 6% returns...in a month...compounded over a year thats like a 101% return on investments.

10k on a computer would only be worth it to me if it was a business writeoff, something you'd use as a professional - CAD, Analysis Tools, Rendering and graphics. Something that would make money for you.

dude must be loaded or something.

I wish veedub would come in here. Everything I've read and heard stats 3 285s are much better than 2 295s. Tri sli > quad sli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom