1055t bottlenecking 5870

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZorrosRage

In Runtime
ok I build my friend a computer this weekend and its odd I have a 1090t and a 5830 but i get more frames than him in games.

His new machine has a 1055t and 5870 both stock. both pcs have 4 gigs of 1600 ram

Neither part is bottlenecking the other. Do you both have the latest drivers for your graphics cards installed?

His PC may be defaulting to a higher resolution or AA settings, or something similar.

I'm maxing all settings when checking frames with both.

Ok just tested a bunch a game benchmarks. On Stalker which is dx 11 game his does better, but on any dx 10 or 9 mine still seems to perform better.

Would this be due to my clock on my 1090t being 3.2 (waiting for my mugen to OC), and his 1055t at 2.8?

I get like 130 frames in street fighter bench with a 5830 and he gets like 90-100

while in stalker i get like 50 and he gets 80 across the board.

For X3 i get like 80 average FPS he gets like 60

ok i have new information.

i put my friends 5870 in my machine and updated my drivers again and my frames went down on a 5870 and a 5830. so does anyone know if the latest ati driver has issues with lowering frames?

It is possible that the new drivers actually lowered your FPS. You can try uninstalling the latest drivers and installing an older version (10.4-10.6 or whatever you used before) to see if his FPS goes up. Also use AMD Overdrive (it's in the Catalyst Control Panel) to view GPU clock speeds/fan/temp/GPU usage settings and overclock the GPU. You can look here to make sure your GPU's are running at full speed (if GPU usage is low they can throttle down to a slower speed to save power).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom