$1000 Intel Or Am2

Status
Not open for further replies.
my rig kicks butt, and i love it, and i am glad i got it. but when it is time to upgrade (not for a long while), i will go to c2d if amd has not come up with a (reasonably priced haha) answer to the conroe. just a personal preference of mine. i don't know why. it may be illogical, but uhhhh...? of course, i could probably get this cpu to 3ish with a better mobo, so that will be my first upgrade.
i guess if amd has come up with an answer by the time i want a new cpu...sigh....more research on my part.
so, unless you are die-hard amd, or don't trust intel, or don't like their commercials, etc... then yes an intel is what you need. if you are looking at stock speeds, then look closely at them both (windsor and conroe), they are very similar performance wise/price wise at STOCK speeds, mind you. but trust me, you get high end cpu...you WILL want to oc. and my cpu o.c.'s very well (lucky me), but nosboost is right, you probably will be able to o.c. over 900-1000 mhz with an amd unless you are a real wizard, and real lucky!
good luck!

Ten seconds is a lot, I guess you never watch drag races.

Especially in things like SuperPI where an Athlon X2 3800+ gets 45 seconds, and an Intel gets 11 seconds (jseber :p) thats less than half the time. That's a freaking amazing speed. Think of if the thing you were timing took a week, or even a year. The Intel would get it done in a year, and with the AMD you'd be waiting another year and a few months. So yes, big difference.

KTHXBYE

The General said:
Ten seconds is a lot, I guess you never watch drag races.

Especially in things like SuperPI where an Athlon X2 3800+ gets 45 seconds, and an Intel gets 11 seconds (jseber :p) thats less than half the time. That's a freaking amazing speed. Think of if the thing you were timing took a week, or even a year. The Intel would get it done in a year, and with the AMD you'd be waiting another year and a few months. So yes, big difference.

KTHXBYE

actually the athlon would only be 3 days behind do the math

Keyser your wrong, C2D is kicking the FX series and AMD's butt right now and you dont want to admit it. But get over it, Intel's C2D right now is much better at everything and MUCH MUCH cheaper being the main difference. Why buy a slower CPU for alot more money. Only a stupid person or someone who is such a fanboy as yourself would do that. Get over it

Sora said:
Keyser your wrong, C2D is kicking the FX series and AMD's butt right now and you dont want to admit it. But get over it, Intel's C2D right now is much better at everything and MUCH MUCH cheaper being the main difference. Why buy a slower CPU for alot more money. Only a stupid person or someone who is such a fanboy as yourself would do that. Get over it

How did i not admit it?did i not just say amd was 3 days behind?wow you people are dense just drop it ur just a bunch of fat kids trying to be cool on the internet and act touch just stop already what u get picked on at school so youre trying to take it out on someone on the internet cause your to weak to fight?

You just wont admit that C2D is his best choice is what im saying. Your trying to say its not a huge enough difference so just go with the better name. Wrong go with the best CPU to Cash ratio which would be the C2D system

sarge52 said:
Tom's Hardware for the win!

let the #'s show you intel is in the lead :)

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html

HAHAHAHAHA. Tom's Hardware. That's a good one.

For those who still don't know (I can't believe that everyone doesn't know this by now), Tom's Hardware Guide is quite Intel/ATi biased. Its a strange combination in this day and age of DAMMIT, but it is what it is. The bias is so obvious that I've overheard complete strangers acknowledge the fact many times. Seriously though, anyone who visits that website for Processor and Videocard benchmarks is a complete noob. They have good guides, but their benchmarks aren't worth crap. Just don't use THG as proof in any sort of debate, and you won't get laughed at, haha.

Sora said:

Don't mind him, there's plenty of people like that around here. I've said almost the exact same things that you said, but it just won't get through to some of the fanboys. In any case, they're free to believe what they believe, as long as they don't try to force their flawed logic on newcomers to the forum, which is really the only thing about it that bothers me.

keyser09 said:
How did i not admit it?did i not just say amd was 3 days behind?wow you people are dense just drop it ur just a bunch of fat kids trying to be cool on the internet and act touch just stop already what u get picked on at school so youre trying to take it out on someone on the internet cause your to weak to fight?

And you're a fat kid sitting in you mom's basement who's never come within 10 feet of a girl. Its easy to say crap on the forums when you're behind a bunch of zeros and ones, isn't it?

Learn2Spell.

TriEclipse said:
HAHAHAHAHA. Tom's Hardware. That's a good one.

For those who still don't know (I can't believe that everyone doesn't know this by now), Tom's Hardware Guide is quite Intel/ATi biased. Its a strange combination in this day and age of DAMMIT, but it is what it is. The bias is so obvious that I've overheard complete strangers acknowledge the fact many times. Seriously though, anyone who visits that website for Processor and Videocard benchmarks is a complete noob. They have good guides, but their benchmarks aren't worth crap. Just don't use THG as proof in any sort of debate, and you won't get laughed at, haha.

Don't mind him, there's plenty of people like that around here. I've said almost the exact same things that you said, but it just won't get through to some of the fanboys. In any case, they're free to believe what they believe, as long as they don't try to force their flawed logic on newcomers to the forum, which is really the only thing about it that bothers me.

And you're a fat kid sitting in you mom's basement who's never come within 10 feet of a girl. Its easy to say crap on the forums when you're behind a bunch of zeros and ones, isn't it?

Learn2Spell.

umm im like not fat and i have a girl (this sora chicks the first one u've met?) and ive had 2 other girlfriendz in the past. another thing is....if you want to fight me in fine wit that where u live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom