$1000 Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order placed...thanks again to everyone that helped me with this build. I can't wait for it to get shipped!

Guys, I'm in the throws of building the PC, but I have 2 questions (for now). The case I bought has like 7 fans that you can attach to it. So since I am keeping it in my desk I figured it was not a bad idea to hook them all up. Problem is I don't understand what the difference is between all the fan headers on the m/b.
CPU Fan was obvious, but what about the difference between system fan, power fan, and chipset fan?

Second question, I don't know the difference between the GSATA slots on the m/b (there are 2) and the 6 SATA connections. I just have one hard drive at this time to connect.

not completely sure on this, but i think the difference between those different fan headers is that whatever fan you hook up to anyone, thats what it will be called in the bios or in a program that lets you adjust fan speeds (so a fan hooked to sys_fan will be recognized as sys_fan). but only 4pin fan heders will let your control the speed of whatever fan is hooked up to it, 3pin ones wont.

and for the different sata, i think the gsata ones (the 2) let you specifically build like raid 1 or raid 0 arrays with your hdds, not sure what else they can or cant do, so i would just use the regular sata ports :p.

Thanks for the detail. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to mess something up by connecting fans to those headers. Sounds like worst case they will just always power the fan like the ones pig tailed off the PSU.

The system is up and running now I just need to go buy some PC games to test this rig out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom