1000$ gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree on the Antec PSU, I've had serious problems with my Smartpower 2.0 500W, I really recommend you stay away from that one specifically, though I must say from teh reviews I've been seeing, the Truepower TRIO seems to be good.

On another note Smartpower should be able to handle my system, see sig, but it can't........! It emits a burning smell, and really high pitched sound and sometime i reckon i hear sparks.....Though i RMAed it, apparently they gave a new one, and at the store it was tested on that little contraption as not faulty! WHAT THE ****?!

Pretty decent case, but I'm partial to the P180. And have you thought about going AMD? You might be able to build a cheaper comp. Just a thought.

As far as the SP-500 Antec Power supply listed above. I agree with what was posted earlier. I have the model myself. It does emit a burning smell, and it just died on me. 3-4 months of use too. I hope Antec replaces it with some thing better. I'd hate to have to RMA the thing every 4 months... Anyway, New Egg's reviews correspond to the info already given on the Sp-500 model.

I'd stay away from the Antec SP-500, although I have never had probelms with antec, I don't know which power supply I will replace it with, (died yesterday....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom