$1000 Dollar Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckman44

In Runtime
Its flexible to go as far as $1,100. I made a post before, and I have since decided that I am not going to be a PC gamer. So, Im thinking Im going to have to look at it a whole different way now. Ive also saved up a bit more money (Im only 15). So I need a beast of a computer as far as video rendering, media playback, multitasking, and the occasional game or two. I figure the i7 would be the best for this kind of thing, but if I must Ill go with the AMD x6 1090T, for upgrades in other parts.

I need everything but a mouse and keyboard, OS, and monitor.

That includes a CPU cooler for overclocking, thermal compound if recommended, and any other thing.

For $1100 I think you'll get a Higher-Quality AMD system. While you "might" be able to squeeze all the parts in around $1100 for the i7, they would be of the lowest quality. And low quality and overclocking just don't go hand in hand.

Slay, hasn't good i7, good as in acceptable ocing, and quality, mobos now come out that for $1100 you can get a i7 930 build, especially if you just run a Average 5 series card?

Yes, AMD is still the economic winner, but isn't the i7 starting to become economiclly sound?

In my understanding, a quad-core i7 beats the 6-core x6 as far as CPU intensive work (what im looking for). I can't really be the judge until I have comparable options between the two at about the same price.

Slay, hasn't good i7, good as in acceptable ocing, and quality, mobos now come out that for $1100 you can get a i7 930 build, especially if you just run a Average 5 series card?

Yes, AMD is still the economic winner, but isn't the i7 starting to become economiclly sound?

When you look around you find that the majority of people that get a good OC don't buy a cheap mobo, ram or power supply. And I don't think people are giving the AMD 6 core the credit it deserves. I can hardly wait until someone around here buys one and runs LinX with a little overclocking action going on.

I looked at the above recommended Rig and I added the cooler master v8 cpu cooler. Ill bump my price range to 1200 if you could recommend a good case, dvd drive, and any other recommendation for about 140.

Looks are no biggie, just performance and decent price. Oh, and if you help me out Ill throw down some OC'd linux videos with the rig for you.

Also, would it be better to get ddr3 ram and just go with 6gb?

When you look around you find that the majority of people that get a good OC don't buy a cheap mobo, ram or power supply. And I don't think people are giving the AMD 6 core the credit it deserves. I can hardly wait until someone around here buys one and runs LinX with a little overclocking action going on.

Oh I'm not saying the x6's aren't good, 6 real cores should be better than 4 and 4 virtual cores.

I was more on the low quality comment, was what I was more commenting on. I've noticed more mid ranged boards on x58 platforms. They seem good for mild oc'rs just wanting to get a boost out of the cpu.... not folks like you that can almost double the cpu speed;)

Also 90% of users don't nearly overclock beyond a minumal point, so having the best mobo or ram isnt as critical.... Now psu's... I think the best you can get is the best idea.

Oh I'm not saying the x6's aren't good, 6 real cores should be better than 4 and 4 virtual cores.

I was more on the low quality comment, was what I was more commenting on. I've noticed more mid ranged boards on x58 platforms. They seem good for mild oc'rs just wanting to get a boost out of the cpu.... not folks like you that can almost double the cpu speed;)

Also 90% of users don't nearly overclock beyond a minumal point, so having the best mobo or ram isnt as critical.... Now psu's... I think the best you can get is the best idea.

Hey man, could you put together a rig for about $1200 and Ill compare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom