$1000 Challenge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily?
Only if you pay for an overclocking motherboard.
Oh, sure. Just overclock this one chip a whole lot. That's a really fair comparision.

I'm liking the Kuma's though. a 2.9GHZ chip at STOCK, with an IPC of 4 (same as conroe), but also with a 4GHZ HTT bus, shared L3 cache, improved prefetching and cache latencies, a 4th instruction decoder, the ability to read and write to RAM at the same time, and a whole bunch of other improvements.

eeeeeeeee.....i cant wait i cant wait. i wonder how they will overclock....

The 5600X2 which performs better than the E6600

Are you joking ?

E6600 performs better than 5600+

E6600 at stock speed preforms on par with 6000+

I used the most demanding cpu test I could think of which is 3DMARK06's cpu test and heres the result CPU Charts | Tom's Hardware

The 5600+ only beats E6600 in 3d marks, but who cares ?!!

Just look at the other benchmarks, the E6600 was performing better than 5600+ and even 6000+

CPU Charts | Tom's Hardware

If your not overclocking at all then the X2 6000 is a good choice..

Even if he is not going to overclock, E6600 is still the best choice

The E6600 and the X2 6000 are better at different things so it all just depends...I still would Oc an E6600 to 3.0ghz or something which is SIMPLE.

sora is right, them e6600s are somewhat on par with the X2 6000+ each has their strongpoints, but go with the more OC'able one, since the Core 2 Duo E6600 can easily hit 3.0 Ghz with Value RAM and even ASROCK mobo's the choice here is clear and for now just stick with XP, thats til the driver support is better and not so glitchy (wait for Service Pack 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom