$1000 budget :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static_11

Fully Optimized
Alright, well my hdd fried last night and I figured it was time for a new system. This is what I got so far.

Mobo:
Some kind of DFI, not sure yet but I WILL be overclocking.

Hdd: Western digital raptor

video card: eVGA 6800GS

Case: TT Tsunami

Psu: STE, could ya help me out here? keep it under $100 bucks please :D

Cpu: AMD 64 3500+ Venice

Ram: Corsair ValueSelect

i have speakers, monitor, mouse, keyboard, and OS.

so... whatchya think :D ?

suggestions?

Ummm if you're ocing then value ram probably not a good choice? OCZ is good for ocing but they are pretty expensive.

And I think getting the 3700+ will get you 1MB of cache, not sure how much more expensive though.

PSU: Antec, Enermax, OCZ

I would get the Seagate 500gb hdd instead, which (in the uk atleast) is the same price as the 74gb raptor. Just so I don't look like a idiot: http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=2577&p=11
I think that would be worth the very little price difference. :p

The opterons are very nice for overclocking, which I would be tempted by.

Get a nice OCZ powersupply or one of the seasonic ones, expect to have to use memory dividers with that ram.

Also, you can just get a new hdd now, and then get the M2 when it comes out.

im not going to be overclocking the ram.. just overclocking the shit outta the cpu :D

i dont need 500 gigs of storage.... lol, i have dial up and it took me a year to get 30 gigs.. (that hdd died lastnight... :eek: :))

:D:D

I never intended it to be filled, that would slow it down. lol. I was pointing out that in many of those tests it beat the raptor and in a couple of them it thrashed it (e.g. the first one I linking to.

So you are using a divider, as long as it isn't too small it doesn't make that much of a difference (so I'm told.)

I would say go with the 3700 amd. With the 512k cache and 200mhz difference, it is a steal at only about 20 bucks more than the 3500.
Everything else looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom