$1000 budget build, how's this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
get value ram. that cosair xms ram wont do you any good unless you overclocking. And cosair xms sucks for overclocking.

ThirdLeft152 said:
somewhere i heard that am2 chips will be campatible with am3 boards, but am3 chips will not work on am2 boards. and fyi there really isn't an increase in performance between am2 and s939 at the moment.

it's the other way around, AM3 chips work on Am2 boards, but AM2 chips wont work in AM3 boards.

im thinking about going AM2 myself cause of the upgrade-ability

Sinow Beat said:
Newegg has some mail-in rebates...that system ends up being $985 with those particular parts...I'm on roughly the same budget but I like what I came up with. Also Western digital just has a good track record with HD's, and Corsair memory has a life-time warranty in response to that build posted just above...burner is just random too...Also Apevia (Aspire) cases tend to have 500W power supplies in them, I'm probably going with that just to cut it down a few bucks.

True, but there isn't nothing wrong with NEC drives (i've had one for over 3 years, and its still running fine), samsung HD's, and g. skill memory. They will all still get the job done.

efd753 said:
get value ram. that cosair xms ram wont do you any good unless you overclocking. And cosair xms sucks for overclocking.

Agreed. ^

MrZucchiniHead said:
it's the other way around, AM3 chips work on Am2 boards, but AM2 chips wont work in AM3 boards.

im thinking about going AM2 myself cause of the upgrade-ability

Im not sure, its just something i heard along the grapevine. If so i might be thinking am2 myself. hopefully the k8l's, or k10's i forget what the name for the new chips coming out are called, will do AMD some good in comparison to the conroe.

What RAM would you suggest? I just went with Corsair 800 because a lot of people were talking about compatability issues with some others, OCZ and stuff...picking a mobo is just tricky

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I need to start working on this system ASAP! According to everyone else, this system would perform much better than my formerly-posted one:

Case - APEVIA (ASPIRE) X-Infinity ATXB6KLW-BK/420 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ATX 420W power supply

HD - Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JB 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive

Mobo - ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard (really I have no idea what to look for in a mobo other than socket, PCI 16x slots and size)

Video - eVGA 256-P2-N584-AR Geforce 7900GT KO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

PSU - ePOWER EP-520XP-C1B ATX12V 520Watts Power Supply 100 - 240V UL, CSA, CE, CB, FCC

Processor - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2000MHz HT 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor

Memory - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

This is what sinow beat is getting, and looks great to me. It is a tiny bit over my budget, so if we can get the price lowered $50 or so, it'd be great. Also, is everything compatible? I'm looking to get the best performance for the money!

am2 isnt really wiort hjit at the moment socket 939 still has great cpu for its price so unles ru willing to fold out the extra cash for a pinch of performence increase go ahead but it isnt realy worth it in my opinion and for the 50 bucks issue drop a stick of ram that should helop u can always upgrade later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom