£100 need more HDD space and redundancy/backup.
What do you suggest? Currently I have a 80GB and 250GB HDD. The 80 is noisy so I will dispose of that.
I have had a few ideas myself
1) 4x 250GB in RAID 0+1.
2) 2x 500GB RAID1 or bi weekly auto backup.
3) 2x 250GB RAID0 and 500GB external backup.
1) is the most fun, can later be used in a all out RAID0 when I can afford a 1TB external. Fastest.
2) is RAID1 slow to write like I've heard?
3) seems most secure, but falls lose if I forget to plug in the external for backups. But if there is a fire I can run out the house with shortest detour by just picking the external up?
All offer 500GB of active storage.
What are your thoughts?
Cisco CCNA, Comptia A+, 1/3 through CCNP