10 Reasons You Don't Need Vista Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
2g for 32 bit, 4 gb for 64 bit

ati/amd has better drivers for vista ^_^

EDIT: i'd say if you have xp now, stick with it, and if your building a new comp go with vista

you can get dx10 for xp now they have been hacking it I don't game so I don't know about the intricacies of the project butlast I heard they had a working prototype and that was about 2 months ago......

First of, the 3rd option (Price) is subjective (depends on how do you obtain vista). Additionally, every OS you buy you have to pay for it.

Secondly, the 9th option UAC can be turned off by User accounts on Control Panel.

Finally, the 10th is kinda stu**d cause if we don't evaluate Vista how could they have an improvement by errors sent and how could we know what kind of OS it is, and besides who hasn't been bored by XP interface despite the fact that there are thousands of themes to be installed.

to the original post...same can be applied to all new OSes

only will change the day hardware and/or software is made for theoretical OSes, and then the OSes are made after those after market applications...

don't want it don't use it...

games, apps are the same way...you do know that right? You know those apps and games that push hardware to it's limits and are geared to the next gen up to run well...

Driver support is never the responsibility of the OS, sad to see so many are not aware of that...support out of the box is a freebie the OS maker includes or when a third market decides to work with them to include it in the drivers library...

logic rules

capable pc techies can get things to work...

my hodge podge system...

canon 5000f
canon i850
canon hv20
MS live cam vx6000
saitech 8500
aiptek tablet

yada yada, might have mispelled some stuff...but it's a nice random assortment that I am able to have working with vista :D

I'm able to get new software, mid software, and prehistoric software to run on my Vista...sure I might use dosbox on Vista for some very old stuff...but that in itself means the OS is more than capable...just up to the user next ;)

let the days of driver hunts on bbs and anemic text based OSes begin...not really. I like my eye candy Vista...can't wait for the day when OSes look like hollywood OSes, much like real life catches up to scifi tech...it's good people. It really is! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom