10 Reasons You Don't Need Vista Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this reason has been said but, it's new and anything before vista isn't and has already been proven to work or not work. You will get no performance upgrade from a new OS like vista so why would anyone spend over $100 to get something that effectively does nothing?...

Codeguru

Vista is increasing the FPS in games, most of the time, from what I've personally tried (I have it dual booted). The whole engine runs in 3D, Alt-Tab with Vista is just like if you were alt-tabbing from a notepad document to another one.

All my drivers work properly, I'm running Office 2007 on it and have yet to see any major issue with it. WAY better than most of the other OS when they came out.

I could also make a post with "10 Reasons Why You Need Vista Today." with arguments such as the one used in the first post.

2. Application Incompatibilities
Even as we speak, there are literally dozens of applications that don't work properly with Vista. And we're not talking about garage-developed apps but high-profile programs such as iTunes, disc-burning apps, and pretty much anything that has to do with DVD ripping or viewing. And virtually any Java-based app that bundles the Java runtime automatically kicks the desktop back to Vista's Basic mode, obviating the performance benefits you get from running Aero.

9. Vista is Kind of Annoying
User Account Control is part of Microsoft's fix to prevent malware applications from taking advantage of Administrator privileges on infected PCs to install more malware. Every time an installer runs on your Vista PC, a prompt will ask for your permission to install the software in question. That's a great idea, but we think the implementation is pretty poor. The problem is the frequency of prompts. They come up so often that people will quickly learn to auto-click them, thus risking malware infections. Even worse, instead of forcing you to take any action that would require thought, the prompts don't even ask you to reenter your password (by default); all you have to do is click a button and the app will install itself. UAC is the PC equivalent of taking your shoes off in the airport security line. It makes you feel as though something's being done to protect you, but ultimately it doesn't do much to improve security. This isn't likely to change, but it should.http://www.maximumpc.com/article/10_reasons_you_dont_need_vista_today?page=0,3

I only scanned through but I found two things that I disagree with.
#2: iTunes works fine with all of my Vista computers.
#9: You can very easily turn UAC off and then it doesn't bug you any longer.
I probably didn't need to quote all that, but I did :eek:

I only scanned through but I found two things that I disagree with.
#2: iTunes works fine with all of my Vista computers.
#9: You can very easily turn UAC off and then it doesn't bug you any longer.
I probably didn't need to quote all that, but I did :eek:

whats with the necroposting??

and this was when we did this topic a while ago... exactly 2 months ago

wow. I didn't even see the date. I clicked on new posts at the top of the page and this is what came up about half way down the list... odd

I bought Vista Home premium because I was building a new computer. I really like it except for one think. It uses more ram when idling compared to XP.

Also NVIDIA has yet to release drivers that work. I always get nvldkm, the display driver has stopped, and restarted. I solved my problems by dual booting with XP.

It uses your ram to pre load programs it thinks through statistical data that you will use so if every time you go on firefox you turn itunes on for some music the computer will pre load itunes so if you carry on with your usual routine it will load faster. You can turn the prefetching feature off, and the optimum amount of ram for vista is suppose to be 4gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom