Are 10,000 RPM hard drives worth the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
I was wondering if anyone has experience with 10,000 RPM hard drives and if they provide noticeable performance gains over 7,200 RPM hard drives.

I have a 10k rpm Raptor for Windows, PS and other resource hungry apps. I'd say that buying it was worth my money. It does make a noticeable difference in the general responsiveness in Windows and PS. As well, boot time is noticeably faster.

Also I would reccomend them for games with big loading screens i.e. Battlefield 2, where they make a considerable difference :D

Will they make games perform better in terms of fps and overall performance or just faster loading screens. And do the faster drives make more noise.

yes, they make a lotta noise..thats one of the reasons why im not gonna buy one... (as i heard in reviews...im not even sure but i think they do)...and idk bout the games

they dont make your games run faster(more fps). they just load the game faster. I dont know how much fast though.

efd753 said:
they dont make your games run faster(more fps). they just load the game faster. I dont know how much fast though.

If all they do is load your games faster im sticking with 7,200 RPM drives for now.

I own a 10k RPM drive. I love it. It was worth evrey penny..

I recently switched all my valve games to the 7200 RPM drive and it was alot slower.

I reccomend them. I might be selling mine soon as the 150 gb does not give me enough space. But I still highley reccomend it.

Its not lound at all. I dont notice it at all. also I would like to say my WD 200 GB runs hotter then it. But I think it varies.

Things that go faster:

Games, OS loading, Photoshop, and progam responsiveness.

I reccomend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom