1 nVidia 260GTX GT or SLI 2 way 8800GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why someone asks for advice, nearly everyone says the same thing.........and you order the other option.

Why?

GTX 260 Core 216 FTW!!!

yeeeaa, that was pretty stupid the EVGA 216 OC smacks ***... 2x 8800gt is'nt poor by a long shot, but.. 2x 216's in SLI.... ooh mama!:p

i'm loving gtx260 sli... though it is not 2 216's.. only 1 and a 192... it is still amazing without a doubt.. and all shaders are still being used

Still should have gotten the 260 now. Later on nVidia will release new cards with a better price/performance ratio just as they always have.

rave, i see in your sig you wanna hit 65fps in Crysis with 16 sample AA and everything maxxed... keep dreaming there man... even with triple OCed 280s and a monster OC on your CPU, you wont hit more than 80fps with NO AA... add 16 sample AA and you'll be down to maybe (and i stress MAYBE!) 40-45fps with that triple 280 setup... with 8800s in SLI, you'll be lucky to get 30fps in very high with no AA and an absolutely monster OC on those GPUs

i got 25 fps with this setup:

E6700 conroe 2.66ghz stock, speed..untouched...4mb cache
2 gb ddr2 667 mhz
1 8800GT
WD hard drive with 8 mb cache

settings on high with 2 x AA

if i can get 25 fps with that setup how can i not get close to my goal?

well first, maxxed is Very High, not High... maybe you could do it with High... secondly, AA is really taxing, moreso than any other feature, especially on nv cards (ati just seem to handle it better, not sure why tho)... also, even if you get full scaling (which you wont, especially with Crysis) and leave the AA at 2x, you'll only get 50fps... increase that AA to 16 sample and you'll be alot lower than that (if you use the same setup... with the i7, you should have a much better chance, but i still doubt you can hit even 45fps with 16xAA)

not in very high... in very high with the 177 drivers and no AA, dual 280s with a nice OC gets about 55fps, and triple 280s, again with a nice OC can only hit about 75fps with only no AA... even 4xAA would drop those scores dramatically... and thats only at 12x10...

in only High settings tho with no AA you can hit in excess of 100fps with triple 280s, and about 65-70fps with dual

in short, AA with Crysis is pretty much impossible as yet... its also pretty unnecessary given the already high quality graphics Crysis has

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom