1 gig or 1.5 gigs of RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprtnbsblplya

Daemon Poster
I am looking at upgrading to either 1 gig or 1.5 gigs of RAM from my current 512 MB.
My current setup is:
Shuttle SN41G2
512MB Mushkin RAM
GeForce 6600GT AGP
I typically use it just for playing World of Warcraft, Half-Life 2, and Photoshop CS2, and am planning on using it for Morrowind: Oblivion when it comes out.
I only run the program that I am using at that time, for example when playing WoW I usually only run it and nothing in the background.
So should I just add another 512MB RAM or should I throw in another 1 gig stick of RAM?
I'm trying to stay on a budget here so if I dont really need a whole 1.5 gigs then I dont want to waste my money on it.

I'd say just stick with one gig. Benchmarks have shown that 1.5 or 2 gigs really doesn't make that much of a difference, and what difference it does make is not noticeable to you. So stick with the 1 gig.

If you only have a 6600GT, I assume you won't be having everything on max in the games that would require more than 1gb. I would say go with 1gb.

Ryan

Awesome, thanks for the replies guys.
I just ordered a matching stick of 512 MB from newegg, and with the $40 I saved I had enough to order a new DVD burner as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom