1.5gb vs 2gb ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Would I notice much difference between 1.5gb of ram and 2gb of ram?

I'm stuck with ddr1 for now and was thinking a cheap way to upgrade would be to get 2 x 256mb ram chips for$20 and only $10 after rebate on Newegg. Getting 2 x 512mb would cost $50 and I'm not sure I want to spend the extra cash.

Overclocking is not much of a concern since my current ram can't get past 220mhz anyways.

Agreed with saltynay. I don't think you'd notice the difference between 1.5 to 2GB.

I knew I should of just bought the dang ram. Now Newegg is out of stock and knowing my luck they won't get anymore. Just like how I missed out on the $50 400gb hdd at Staples :(

How long do you plan on keeping your pc before you upgrade everything? if its not too long i wouldnt even bother going from 1.5 to 2.0, little difference will be noticed.
You can spend about £200(not sure what that is in $) but for that you could get a mobo, ram and cpu and it would be twice as fast as what you have now

Check how much ram you are using.

Open the task manager and watch it. How easily do you max out your ram? If you max it out easily, upgrade. If not, don't.

If all you do is basic things on xp...you will not notice a difference at all between even 1gb of ram and 8gbs as you can boot xp with IE, Word, ect and still stay below 512, even.

But, if you do something ram intensive, then it doesn't load it all into ram, and so it runs slowly.

Its $10 lol .....£5 is worth it for that extra 512mb but as previously said it is pointless to pay more then that as it would be more effective to save the money for your next pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom