1,400 Gaming Destop???

jbrown5056

Beta member
Im doing my first computer build with a budget of 1.400 here some parts i had in mind
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K (not sure if i should overclock)
Memory: 16GB
Power Supply Upgrade: 500 Watts
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA

And here are the parts i have not figured out yet to buy

Case:
Cooling Fans:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Optical Drive
Sound:

i am would be using this computer for photoshop, coding html, and gaming and i would like you thoughts, suggestions and advice

Last edited:
CPU:
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

Motherboard:
Newegg.com - ASRock Z77 Extreme3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM:
Newegg.com - Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model PV316G160C9K

GPU:
Newegg.com - EVGA 02G-P4-2670-KR GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

PSU:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

SSD+HDD:
Newegg.com - Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F180GBGT-BK 2.5" 180GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Case:
Newegg.com - Corsair Carbide Series 300R Windowed Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

BD + OS:
Newegg.com - LG Black 10X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal 12X Blu-ray Combo Drive Model UH12NS29 - Blu-Ray Drives
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - Operating Systems

$1401.90

I chose the Z77 Extreme 3 because it is a solid cheap board that allows overclocking if you desire later on. FYI, overclocking is not needed on that CPU right now.

I chose the HX650 for its gold rating due to a slightly higher than normal budget, and to give a bit of breathing room for upgrades later on. CPUs and GPUs will only start taking less power.

Really, all you need is 8GB of RAM for what you want to do but I went with 16 anyways because it's only a tad more expensive.

SSD due to it giving an overall performance increase, otherwise obvious there.

670 is more than plenty for current and upcoming games.

I went with the Blu-Ray because it was only 34 bucks. Not necessary but figured you might want it. Dropping to a standard DVD burner will drop the price below 1400 if you need it.

Windows 7 because I hate 8 and most people hate Metro UI anyways. Not to mention 7 support will last for many years to come.

Sound card not needed these days.

Case is the only thing you might want to change. The 300r is a decent case for the price and will get the job done well but some people go for aesthetics over performance. Personal preference really.

good build PP. gotta disagree with the windows 8 comment. i just finished my friends build that i talked to you about, i put windows 8 pro on it and installed the 3rd party start button. i used my friends rig for a few days personally to make sure there was no problems or BOSDs ( there weren't :p ) i have to say i really enjoyed my experience with windows 8, not once did i have to interact with the weird start menu, that 3rd party start buttonw as awesome. as soon as i beat Far Cry 3 i am going to put windows 8 ( and my new SSD :D ) on my computer.

Most people like myself don't see a point in getting a new OS only to make it look like the previous OS again. There is nothing new that appeals to me in 8.

i was going to fight that the psu was barely too much, but for the price after rebate and modular... nice.

if you have to cut something to make budget, id say go to 2x4Gb for ram

I wouldn't get rid of Ram if he wants to use it for editing. The Ram will help him in running all his programs that he wants to use for editing.

Back
Top Bottom