0, 7, S, 3, and Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
well i have these files... called 0, 3, S, 7, and Y. No extension, and they "don't exist" according to windows.... yet they are in the explorer window.....

so i used unlocker to unlock the files, and delete them... but got an error saying the file specified cannot be located. The same error i get when i type in "del a" in command prompt.

but one of the files, S, has some couple hundred processes (the others just had one process). I've never seen these files before, and they are over 2gb's EACH... which is really messing up my partitioning and installation of programs (my creative files just got overwritten to make room for these stupid things....).

I just fixed my memory, i had some kind of issue with it and kept on getting the BSOD on startup. Also, i just reformatted my C hard drive (but not D (data), P (programs), or G (games)) and did kind of a butchered installation of windows (the memory error/leak was making it so that only 1/2 of the files would copy during installation, and then i retried it later with my extra patriot memory).

So my question is, how can i make these files go away safely? because if i "delete" them, they come back on start-up... or give me the BSOD

thanks

Huh? They can be deleted in sate mode. But the question is where did they come form if you didn't create them>? That would really worry me.

id say just reformat all of your Hard drives and then take a few hours and re-install everything.

i agree with Rico, id be worried abuot where they came from, cause you could get rid of them, but they could also come back.

well i finally had a chance to reformat... now that summer has FINALLY started, and yeah, their gone now

i do wonder how they got on there though.... it upsets me

but yea, i could delete them, but they just come right back on reboot... and i get the BSOD if i tried to delete one of them (S?)

for future reference, instead of reformatting everything, try going to the recovery console, boot to where they are located, and delete them. i had a problem where i had to do that. what happened was a file in the system that belonged to sygate called wpsdrvnt.sys was screwing up and my computer would just reboot non stop. so what i did was go to the recovery console, and renamed it to wpsdrvnt.bak, if anyone wants to know the commands, it was the following

cd system32
<enter>
cd drivers
<enter>
rename wpsdrvnt.sys wpsdrvnt.bak
<enter>

Exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom